Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, was having a conversation with my old man about becoming a taxi driver as I love driving.

He thinks that the taxi companies provide the car but im sure you have to choose what car you want and get it kitted out.

Im im right I would choose a 166 or a 156.

Thought welcome :D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you do get to choose, try to pick one that you wont get heartbroken by somebody puking all over the back of or denting:thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey people, was having a conversation with my old man about becoming a taxi driver as I love driving.

He thinks that the taxi companies provide the car but im sure you have to choose what car you want and get it kitted out.

Im im right I would choose a 166 or a 156.

Thought welcome :D
Both.....

Some will proved you with a car and you pay rent, some will allow you to supply your own

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
There's a bottle neck on my way home. Cars on the NS parked 1/2 on road, 1/2 on the pavement, double yellows on the OS. There was a bloody taxi there. It was a blue, big spokey alloyed 3 series estate taxi for the oncoming traffic around it onto our side of the road. :mad:

You can practice being a taxi driver by removing any one bulb from the front and the back of your car.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a bottle neck on my way home. Cars on the NS parked 1/2 on road, 1/2 on the pavement, double yellows on the OS. There was a bloody taxi there. It was a blue, big spokey alloyed 3 series estate taxi for the oncoming traffic around it onto our side of the road. :mad:

You can practice being a taxi driver by removing any one bulb from the front and the back of your car.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cant stand it when people have bulbs out and dont care about it :rant:

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Another hint is if you pick up a reasonable female 'fare' don't get that engrossed in the conversation that you pull up and stop at green lights.

Or drive along with the rear window down in a downpour until they mention that the back seat is getting wet.

:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another hint is if you pick up a reasonable female 'fare' don't get that engrossed in the conversation that you pull up and stop at green lights.

Or drive along with the rear window down in a downpour until they mention that the back seat is getting wet.

:eek:
Oh fella your cracking me up :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive done it

I'm new to this site, and the world of alfas. i have been a taxi driver for seven years now, bit the bullet and bought my own car, wanted a 156 for a while, and had the opportunity at last. i have a 156 2.0 ts 1999, yay, its already getting me repeat business :)

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
How old are you Smallville? I got the feeling you were pretty young - I can imagine that it will be very difficult and very expensive to get insured as a taxi driver if so.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am looking at getting my badge and possibly using my 156 SW, however i cant say i am over the moon about this.....

Not because the 156 isn't capable of it, i don't want someone yaking in the back of my bella

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I was a taxi driver for 20 years. Then I moved out.

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
How old are you Smallville? I got the feeling you were pretty young - I can imagine that it will be very difficult and very expensive to get insured as a taxi driver if so.
This thread is fairly old now ;) maybe not as old as the OP though :lol:

IIRC the OP bought a Subaru Impreza Wagon for his delivery business. I think there was a thread in the Motoring Images Section :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This thread is fairly old now ;) maybe not as old as the OP though :lol:

IIRC the OP bought a Subaru Impreza Wagon for his delivery business. I think there was a thread in the Motoring Images Section :)
Link?

:evil:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts