Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to be a pain but How much is the tax on a 156 2.5 V6.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
£175 assuming it was first registered before 1st March 2001. After that is will be £190 I think as this is the highest level of CO2 emissions.

VehicleTax

·
Registered
780 Posts
You will be able to find out on this link:

www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

Just click on "vehicle enquiry", click on "next", type in your registration number, select vehicle manufacturer, click on "next" and it should display rates for both 6 and 12 months

R

·
0 Posts
Alan Jansen said:
Bloody hell, i pay £190 for a 1.6 TS 147 model, what a rip off! surely the 2.5 emits more co2!

How the hell do you manage that? I pay £175 for both my 2.0 TS (Spider and 156)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Rob, AJ's car was probably registered after March 1st 2001, both of yours I suspect were registered before this date.

R

·
0 Posts
Alfa78PP said:
Rob, AJ's car was probably registered after March 1st 2001, both of yours I suspect were registered before this date.
I see, didn't realise they did that. Seems a bit weird doesn't it, that you would pay more for a car that surely emits less CO2.

Just another rip off for the motorist I expect.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
robf781 said:
Just another rip off for the motorist I expect.
What do you expect of this government?? Nothing is thought through ... just think up a ****-eyed idea, and implement ... and then wonder why it all goes belly-up. And when it comes to the motorist, they can sting us which ever way they like ...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah you're right it was registered in 2004, hence the rip off! not really bothered about the diference it's the principle that sickens me!
Another form of quick and easy cash from the motorists pocket!
Cheers!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Alan Jansen said:
Bloody hell, i pay £190 for a 1.6 TS 147 model, what a rip off! surely the 2.5 emits more co2!
:cheese:
Move to Ireland bucko, then pay:
1.6-1.7 - €414
2.5-2.6 - €961

My car, a 1.9 (but over 1900cc) 147 Mjet costs €539 per annum to tax. :cry:

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Scim is Pre 73 Tax exempt.

The satisfaction in just being given a tax disc for a 3.0L V6 for nothing is :lol:

·
Registered
611 Posts
You better believe it. And here is what our braindead officials are now proposing:

They are going to double the parking charges in the city for vehicles over 2.0L, in a bid to remove SUVs from the city.
WTF has a 2.0L engine got to do with an SUV?

In essence, my 147 would have to pay double the charges a 1.6L Suzuki Grand Vitara, or FIAT multipla would pay....
Or, a 1.8L 156 would pay half the amount a 2.5L would ???????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts