Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I have asked ths before but still have a problem. Anyone got, or had, Tarox grooved (but not drilled) discs and cured them of squeaking? Mine are unbearable, screaming rather than screaming. (330mm GTA conversion if it makes a difference).

Ive had Ferodo DS2500 which sounded like metal on metal - awful - and now run OEM which arent much better. They are also bedded in - a year old now. If anything the screaming gets worse.

Anyone got any recommendations?

·
Registered
120 Posts
take the pads out put some copper grease on the back of all 4 break pads and replace back into the callipers this should cure the squealing

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've no idea if it is connected with your problem, but I cured the squealing on mine by taking the pads out and really cleaning out the stainless guides which are screwed to the calliper. One side was still not completely free (I think corrosion builds up underneath and pinches the pads a bit) so I filed the pad slightly. Put it all back together with a smear of coppergrease and all is good. I have to do this roughly once every two years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts