the upgraded turbo is ball bearing with 2,5 bar boost pressure
the heads have been skimmed with upgraded Valve seats and valves and gas flowed

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
it is now the end of May and the car is still not on the road:rage:
I had the great idea of ordering a fast cam from Gazzella Racing last December ,thinking we would get it within a couple of weeks
the guy from Gazzella (Chris ) told me that due to delay in Italy it would be in April then beginning of May then 20th May and still nothing
so after all this crap ,back to square one with the original cam . do not use this guy he is a bloody thief:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit: ,I am lucky I am getting my money back as I paid by Credit Card

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Try ricambi.alfisti.net same stock but less hassle.

Sorry can't do a proper link from my phone.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Or you could approach Jim K and see if he could do some Cams for you?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Try ricambi.alfisti.net same stock but less hassle.

Sorry can't do a proper link from my phone.
I've looked at the site I gave a link for, so many parts have been discontinued. Gutted, I wanted some of those.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
well it has been a long while and still no car as we had to make a lots of parts which were no longer available
the engine is now fully built and will go in the car next week , there is also a new ECU going from Emerald
getting there slowly

·
Registered
434 Posts
Exciting times for your rebuild, looks like your team are making progress after all the frustration. The engine is looking fantastic. Couple of questions if I may.
Assume you were initially planning on a set of C&B cams, but which Newman camshaft set have you chosen instead, have you sourced / machined adjustable pulleys or have you modified the existing pulleys to set the timing for the cams.
Clearly much work on the cylinder heads particularly the combustion chambers and valve seats, have you had a set of head gaskets made up bespoke if so who supplied them. What C.R. have you calculated to optimise your new turbo and all the headwork?
Are you using standard valve springs and guides?
You mention skimming the flywheel; how much was taken off and what effect do anticipate this will have to the "feel" or drivability of the car for road use?
Apologies if I've asked to many questions, nice to see a 12v V6 being pampered.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Exciting times for your rebuild, looks like your team are making progress after all the frustration. The engine is looking fantastic. Couple of questions if I may.
Assume you were initially planning on a set of C&B cams, but which Newman camshaft set have you chosen instead, have you sourced / machined adjustable pulleys or have you modified the existing pulleys to set the timing for the cams.
Clearly much work on the cylinder heads particularly the combustion chambers and valve seats, have you had a set of head gaskets made up bespoke if so who supplied them. What C.R. have you calculated to optimise your new turbo and all the headwork?
Are you using standard valve springs and guides?
You mention skimming the flywheel; how much was taken off and what effect do anticipate this will have to the "feel" or drivability of the car for road use?
Apologies if I've asked to many questions, nice to see a 12v V6 being pampered.
Hi
there isn't a new cam set, it is the orginal one reprofiled and heat treated which means quite a few modifications with the cam lifts etc (lots of bespoke parts ) , you would have to ask the guys at Preptech UK for the details
the pulleys are also the original one rebalanced , the flywheel was skimmed but i wouldn't be able to tell you how much was taken but it was not a lot , everything was gas-flown including the plenum and throttle body . the fuel rail are the standard one but with JIGs connection and the fuel regulation has been upgraded;the valves seats were changed but the valves are standard Alfa Romeo , the piston came from Germany with the liners and we had to get liners seals manufactured as no longer available , the turbo is now ball-bearing and is capable of 3 bar but is set at 2 the intercooler is now front mounted but still twin pass ,but much bigger, there is a now more efficient oil cooler as well , the exhaust hasn't got anymore silencers and has a new upgraded CAT,. the clutch is stage 2 clutch so not very pleasant in heavy traffic ,not the kind of car you want to be stuck with in a town centre traffic Jam but it will be great fun on the open road. There is 3 new gauges in the drivers pillar ( exhaust temperature , fuel pressure and volt meter and the dash has also been totally modified with flick switch , starter switch and Hazard Light switch where the Radio was ,and no more airbags , the new radio( flip screen will be fitted eventually where the passenger air bag used to be . hope to have it finished for the Auto Italia's car day at Brookland in May . will put more pictures as we get on

41 - 56 of 56 Posts