Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
the front calipers and discs are Tarox 320 mm and 6 pots so are the rear discs (tarox conversion but it looks a bit naff with standard calipers and hispecs motorsport are the only people doing a four pots with hand brake facility (cannot use hydraulic hand brake as it will not pass the MOT ) then you just have to find a good engineer to make the brackets .will post more later
http://www.hispeccalipers.co.uk/b4sva140.html[/URL]
Yep might look a bit naff with standard calipers that's why I wondered if you'd thought of putting the two conversions together, or are you doing some sort disc conversion to?

I had I look at the hi-spec site and their calipers do look the best option.

Super interested to see your outcome, maybe even join in and double your buying power if you like.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yep might look a bit naff with standard calipers that's why I wondered if you'd thought of putting the two conversions together, or are you doing some sort disc conversion to?

I had I look at the hi-spec site and their calipers do look the best option.

Super interested to see your outcome, maybe even join in and double your buying power if you like.

the two conversion do not really work together as I will have to have new bracket made to accommodate the new calipers and I am still looking for someone who can make me a handbrake cable. Otherwise, yes it will be awesome
also I am changing both anti roll bar as with new strut (coilover ) I can put the anti roll bar made by alfaholics (latest V6) ,not cheap but seriously good stuff
also have ultra racing for front and rear lower and upper strut and chassis bars . the handling should be pretty cool and the ride? a bit hard
will put pictures of all these

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
the two conversion do not really work together as I will have to have new bracket made to accommodate the new calipers and I am still looking for someone who can make me a handbrake cable. Otherwise, yes it will be awesome
also I am changing both anti roll bar as with new strut (coilover ) I can put the anti roll bar made by alfaholics (latest V6) ,not cheap but seriously good stuff
also have ultra racing for front and rear lower and upper strut and chassis bars . the handling should be pretty cool and the ride? a bit hard
will put pictures of all these
I've got the Alfaholics anti-roll bar kit on and it does give a nice flat ride.

So are you sticking to the standard size disc at the rear?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've got the Alfaholics anti-roll bar kit on and it does give a nice flat ride.

So are you sticking to the standard size disc at the rear?

the rear discs are the 330 mm tarox kit at the rear at the moment
need to make new brackets for the new calipers

·
Vendor
45,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
the rear discs are the 330 mm tarox kit at the rear at the moment
need to make new brackets for the new calipers
Wow that's going to an awesome setup when the you've sourced a handbrake cable.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've got one of these Tarox rear brake kits available if you're ever interested, also some front 330mm brakes too :)
I would/am interested but would like to see how lordy's project works out first.

·
Registered
270 Posts
the front calipers and discs are Tarox 320 mm and 6 pots so are the rear discs (tarox conversion but it looks a bit naff with standard calipers and hispecs motorsport are the only people doing a four pots with hand brake facility (cannot use hydraulic hand brake as it will not pass the MOT ) then you just have to find a good engineer to make the brackets .will post more later
http://www.hispeccalipers.co.uk/b4sva140.html[/URL]
Hi Lordy, have you been in contact with Hi Spec re the calipers? I have been thinking of doing something similar and saw the Hi Spec calipers but also saw somewhere on their site that they only rate their SVA handbrake calipers for vehicles up to 1000kg. With the V6 coming in somewhere around the 1450kg mark I'm not sure they would pass the MOT test on the GTV.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Hi Lordy, have you been in contact with Hi Spec re the calipers? I have been thinking of doing something similar and saw the Hi Spec calipers but also saw somewhere on their site that they only rate their SVA handbrake calipers for vehicles up to 1000kg. With the V6 coming in somewhere around the 1450kg mark I'm not sure they would pass the MOT test on the GTV.
Probably best to ring them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hello Mkii Spit
thank you for the update, seems like they updated their website in the last 6 months regarding the rear calipers, they now do an electronic one who looks very good , had a chat with high specs today , the way forward could be a ultralite 4 pots with electronic handbrake
could be quite cool

in the mean time the engine rebuilt is going well, a bit of a sucker finding parts (pistons , conrods and valves ) the turbo upgrade will be done by turbotechnics -about £1200 for a ball-bearing hybrid upgrade .
all the engine bay has now been resprayed , new cable covers and new fireproof membrane as well .still a lot of work to do but we are getting there slowly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Any further progress?
Hi
So the engine is still at the building stage , the turbo is on the way to turbotechnics for an ballbearing upgrade
,just finished respraying the engine bay , had all the brackets powercoated , replaced all the electrical plastic sleeves , the exhaust is being wrapped , still a lot of work to do .
Will put some more pictures of all the stuff being done .
New condenser to be fitted so I can measure for a front mounted intercooler and pipes
Should have the custom made door pilar with 3 gauges back soon so I can wire the gauges (fuel pressure , exhaust temp and voltage)
Will put another update next week with pictures

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Excellent stuff. Any movement on the rear brake situation?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
finally got the new pistons , liners and rings from Germany , the turbo came back on Tuesday from turbo Dynamics now set at 2 bars with a maximum of 3 bars (should be fun )
installing the new intercooler this week end (if I have time to make the Brackets (front mounted )
the engine builder and mechanic doing all the engine is race tech UK in Farnham in Surrey (no one wants to touch a GTV v6 turbo as it is so bloody rare now )
so we should have an engine by end of November back in the car then new ECU Emerald K6 so rolling road etc
carpet, roof liner and a few leather bits in February courtesy of D class in Chobham
hope to be on the road in April and on the Italian car day at Brookland
and would love to do the GTV run in May next year
watch this space
will put pictures of all the new bits in the next few days

21 - 40 of 56 Posts