Alfa Romeo Forum banner

TAR.OX Red Dot Brakes

Tags
dot red tarox
1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Alfie GTV 
#1 ·
Hi anyone have any experience of the above?
My front pads and dics have had it so i have just purched some performance red dot pads and grooved and drilled discs,which i am told are very good!!I will (weather permitting) be fitting them at the weekend so still have time to take them back if not so good.

If not i will fit and let you all know how they are (once bedded in);)

#2 ·
You do mean Tarox? as there is a UK company called Red Dot who are totally no longer related.

#3 ·
Red dot used to be the distributor for Tarox.

Red dot now supply pads and discs to the same standard, if not better.

I had them fitted on my 156 on saturday. Now the pads are bedded in I can brake really well. I wouldnt change them for the world. Really nice guys. I they even remapped my car while I was there!

OA.

#4 ·
Personally I had very bad experience of Red Dot pads and I wouldn't ever use them again and I know some other 156 owners with similar problems.

Anyway maybe they have fixed what ever was wrong and the pads work as they should. For pads it is very hard to beat Ferodo DS2500's

#6 ·
Its a long story and was about 4 years back but the problem was brake fade. I bought the pads to replace my DS2000 pads that were nearly worn out, cleaned the disc completely and fitted the RD pads. The pads faded out all the time and were very dangerous - followed the correct bedding in etc but still same problem - no matter what I did still had the same problem - fitted back the old DS2000's and everything was fine.

Email to RedDot had another uprated set on the way but these didnt work either - ate my discs, were very noisy and still had some fade.

I now needed new discs and new pads so bit the bullet and bought a Brembo GT kit at special price (believe it or not from Red Dot).

Have heard similar problems of fade from other owners but also some good reports too so maybe problem is fixed

#8 ·
Ok so that will be Tarox then ;)

They have a good reputation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.