Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm contemplating a "new" (to me) GT at the moment and I'm trying to work out what I'm actually looking for before making the calls..

I'm looking at a V6 so I don't know if that makes any difference... I know the black option on the V6 has red stitching and the Alfa logo in the headrests, how is that done in Tan?

Would really appreciate it if anybody has any pictures :)

On a sort of similar vein - what value does the Connect + box add to a GT? Is it an option worth going for, or would I be better off going for a younger but non-satnav GT for similar money?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I guess I can only really make the decision by going and seeing it in the flesh, I have my reservations about tan leather though.. doesn't it stain/discolour? And would still be interested to know what the contrast stitching/headrest logo looks like (if it even exists on tan!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have tan leather in my GT and IMHO it really lifts the interior and makes it a lot classier. Too much grey, even with the red stitching in the black/grey leather interiors for me. They also do 'beige' which I have not seen, but looks even better than the tan in pictures. Seats look robust and dont see why they should stain any more than other colours. As you said, you have to look for yourself.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Heres mine. Its faily easy to maintane, I use meguiers products on mine to keep it tip top. My car has done 64k and the leather dosent look grubby atall. Personaly I fink tan leather sets of all the colors on the gt range more than black.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everybody, I really appreciate all the feedback. I'm trying to make appointments to go and see the cars next week (hopefully) so i'll let you know :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd say go for it. Tan (and some shades of red) are my favorites for the Alfa's. Do however keep in mind that if you wear jeans the colour might rub off on the tan a bit and dirt / scratches show up more easily. Nothing to worry about tho when you just maintain it once a while.
Quite ironic I just ripped out my red interior in my 156 and fitted an all black :rolleyes: Does get a bit dull but not too bad really and the support and 'grippyness' of the GTA seats are just so nice :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's another one

Hi!

There seems to be 2 types of tan interior in the GT, one quite yellow and one pale. I have the pale one in mine.

Here's a picture of the interior. It does have the Alfa Romeo logo stitched into the headrests which look great IMO.

Regards,
Norse

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi!

There seems to be 2 types of tan interior in the GT, one quite yellow and one pale. I have the pale one in mine.

Here's a picture of the interior. It does have the Alfa Romeo logo stitched into the headrests which look great IMO.

Regards,
Norse
Your interior is beige not tan - this also looks nice. You can tell 'cos youve got beige inserts on the dashboard - although, typically Alfa, they appear to have used the tan coloured door cards - or maybe it's just my eyesight!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all your replies and help. I went to see the tan interior for myself this weekend, and liked it so much I bought the car! They're doing a cambet change on it for me and the garage is a 70 mile each-way trip for me so I won't be able to pick it up for a week or more yet, but it looked amazing.

Black + Tan is a very veyr nice combination on the GT!

I did notice that the leather had a little cracking/scuffs on the driver's seat bolster though, nothing at all serious, but is this something I can sort out with a bit of Gliptone Cleaner/Conditioner? I used this on my old interior and loved it but it was black so didn't show the scuffs in the same way.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Heres mine. Its faily easy to maintane, I use meguiers products on mine to keep it tip top. My car has done 64k and the leather dosent look grubby atall. Personaly I fink tan leather sets of all the colors on the gt range more than black.

wow the thought of tan leather with a red car made me physicly sick but omg how wrong was i to feel like that??? its gorgeous, nice car :thumbs:

i had black leather in my 156 and swapped it out for the tan leather, the car is silver which i thought might be a bit too light for the tan but again i was wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts