Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Declared my height as 6' 0" (because it was) when joining a new firm. At the medical, the tiny Irish nurse couldn't reach the sliding bar on the measuring device, so she jumped in the air, and her full weight plus that of the bar crashed onto my skull and she recorded me as 5' 10".

·
Banned
642 Posts
Yahhh ... I'm finding 5'8" a little on the stratospheric and beanpole-ish side, truth be told. Look, even at 5'6" (and a half), Terra Firma is an awfully long way down :ROFLMAO:!
You’ve got your glasses on the wrong way round - turn them around, then it won’t be so daunting stepping off the pavement!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Banned
642 Posts
The thread of tall tales?
I figure out is all about people who have such an inferiority complex they obviously overcompensate in their own heads to the point they don't realise everyone else sees this distortion.

Such an obvious way to ruin one's own credibility.
It’s got nothing to do with inferiority, they just can’t reach the biscuit tin!:LOL:

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,414 Posts
I suppose, a belt could be worn, if ever looking like a “Sack of Spuds, tied around the middle”, becomes fashionable!
Judging by what I often see when I look around, it already has. :)

Reactions: Anticlockwise

·
Registered
39,608 Posts
A friend of mine spends quite a bit of time on Tinder, and one of the first thing he gets asked is his height.

When the ladies find out that he is only 5ft 6" he sad many are not interested.

I am bang on 6ft, measured by the doctor at a recent health MOT

·
Banned
642 Posts
A friend of mine spends quite a bit of time on Tinder, and one of the first thing he gets asked is his height.

Yeh, but you still can’t “Pull”! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
877 Posts

Not ever having been a Tinderer (?), I can't comment on the predilections of the Tinderettes. I can however note that my height (haha or lack thereof) has never stood in the way of things (see what I did there?).

Always ended up with someone a smidge taller than self. Never seemed to bother them either.

Perhaps those wot trawl tinder have more "wishlist-y" criteria ... ?

·
Registered
39,608 Posts
Not ever having been a Tinderer (?), I can't comment on the predilections of the Tinderettes. I can however note that my height (haha or lack thereof) has never stood in the way of things (see what I did there?).

Always ended up with someone a smidge taller than self. Never seemed to bother them either.

Perhaps those wot trawl tinder have more "wishlist-y" criteria ... ?

Maybe, he latest response when he is asked about his height is "I didn't ask for your bra size"

·
Registered
39,608 Posts
Have to say that's not bad as a riposte. Unlikely to snag a date (I'd guess), but worth lobbing back over the ramparts ...
I think that if they are asking for height there is a good chance that they are after a taller person, so he probably doesn't have much to lose by then.

As for me I have plenty of problems with my appearance but height isn't one of them.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,414 Posts
I don’t know what this is the consequence of - buying a Volvo, maybe - but it came to my attention recently, that either I have never had or i no longer have… a neck.

Literally, I go chin —> shoulders.

I have a friend in - possibly - a worse predicament. He has no butt. He goes back —> straight to legs.

oh well. 🎢

·
Banned
642 Posts
“I have a friend in - possibly - a worse predicament. He has no butt. He goes back —> straight to legs.”

How does he sit down? Or does he just stand in the corner, like a “Tripod”!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,414 Posts
“I have a friend in - possibly - a worse predicament. He has no butt. He goes back —> straight to legs.”

How does he sit down?
Don’t worry yourself about that. It doesn’t compromise his ability to sit.

But it does give us an endlessly rich source of material by which to rib him :)

Reactions: Anticlockwise
21 - 40 of 80 Posts