Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actions speak louder than words

My 147 is over at the dealers today to get a couple of issues looked at. A Woosh from the engine bay & wisp of black smoke when it comes on boost, hopefully just a split pipe, (happened before) and intermittent glowplug failure warnings on startup.

it's 3.5 years old now (58K miles) so out of warranty, but due to earlier problems with the car I have a letter from the service manager explaining

"Alfa Romeo has confirmed that they will review very favourably all warranty defects on your vehicle up to 48 months old"

So today is the day I find out if they are going to honour their word, (Which could have a major effect on my future car purchases)

What do think, have I any chance, or should I get the credit card out?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The results are in

new hose required for turbo and new glowplugs & a relay required, Alfa will contribute 90%, which is pretty good as I wasn't expecting the glowplugs themselves to be classed as a warranty item.
(maybe I shouldn't say that, I might get a phone call with a revised offer of 80%)

Happy Days :thumbs:

The only problem is they need to order some parts in, so if I don't get it back tonight, and I'm able to go on the Antrim Coast Run tomorrow, I'll be in a :***:ing Suzuki (ala The Commitments)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add, I got the car back yesterday, just need to get the relay fitted when it arrives.

My car had been washed, including wheels & tyres dressing, which is a big deal considering my car is parked in a muddy yard all week at work so it's pretty bad by Friday.

Also the drive home was the first time in over a week I've not been afraid to rev the engine, (plus no clouds of soot :thumbs:), The road wasn't clear, but there wasn't much coming the other way, so I had some fun.

I considered rejecting my car about 2 years ago, it was only assurances of improvements and the promise of the 4th year (sort of) warranty that stopped me, and I have to say while driving home yesterday in my sparkly clean car, while overtaking the slowcoaches, I was glad I didn't.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Pleased to hear this worked out for you Mark.Still didn't make the coast run though?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pleased to hear this worked out for you Mark.Still didn't make the coast run though?
:eek:, and the car was looking spotless, with no effort from me.

the excuse is,

we (well, my wife) had something organised for Saturday, so couldn't go

That was cancelled on Thursday night, so can go

Car was in MS on Friday, parts need ordered, could still go, but in a Suzuki Vitara???

Get car back on Friday nearly all fixed and clean, looking good for going

Get home on Friday, baby has the cold - not going -

But luckily I did get some urgently needed baby-proofing done, which involved breaking a kitchen drawer and discovering all the others are cracked and about to break as well :rant:.

I should have gone, :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
This dealer's setting a bad example !!! This isn't what we expect of Alfa ownership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts