Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for service - car is now 3.5 years old with 20k miles so booked into Autolusso for next Sat for service, cam belt, water pump, Q2.

Going to cost I know, but no avoiding it: something of an extended insurance policy. Hope Ned will give me the "this is what a Q2 will do experience" when I'm there!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You wont regret it, the Q2! How much £1200ish I reckon?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - I make it £1253. It may be that I have to wimp out of the Q2 depending on anything else found that's more pressing like suspension stuff - we'll see.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Good luck with the service fella, and if you get the Q2, I hope you enjoy it! :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Yes - I make it £1253. It may be that I have to wimp out of the Q2 depending on anything else found that's more pressing like suspension stuff - we'll see.
Ah not a bad guess then! Good luck and hope you get the Q2:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You'll not regret it. The Q2 and PF pads have transferred our GT:wow: Next for some FSD's;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah yes, FSDs too...

They will have to wait a bit even though the ride on poor surfaces is awful. :(

Don't have a problem with the standard brake pads though - even if they do perhaps lack a bit of initial bite, but will perhaps try PF when the current set are worn out.

·
Vendor
46,127 Posts
Don't back out of the Q2. If you do, you just know that diff is gonna break on the way home, especially as you've been thinking about replacing it, so it really won't like you now.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'm booked in in 2 weeks - its like waiting for a new car!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't back out of the Q2. If you do, you just know that diff is gonna break on the way home, especially as you've been thinking about replacing it, so it really won't like you now.. :eek:
I was thinking exactly the same, there seems to have been a few diff failures recently too.

·
Vendor
46,127 Posts
I was thinking exactly the same, there seems to have been a few diff failures recently too.
Its scary thinking about the amount of damage it can do if it goes.. As expensive as cambelt failure in the worst case scenario.. :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got home a few hours ago after a rather protracted diversion around an RTA or something but had the chance to get used to the car. Car running very well and noticeably better on the corners with the Q2. Had the mandatory white knuckle ride by Ned as well.

Nice to meet you (embarrassed grin - cannot remember your AO name) with the red GTV cup.

Finally thanks to Ned and the chaps at Autolusso for the work on the car and simply for spending the time...

·
Vendor
46,127 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it. Did you have a little practice on that double roundabout? :cool: :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By the time I'd been on "the ride", Ned had finished with the midday mayhem of other customers, had a chin wag, looked at front brakes up on the ramp, paid and got into the car to go, it was after 4pm so had to push on home. I'm assuming Ned uses the same roundabouts for all... wouldn't have found them again on my own anyway!

I'm going to feel out the car's capabilities over the next few days.

·
Vendor
46,127 Posts
which one is more urgent the cambelt or the diff? i can only get one of them done so wanted to know which one to do first plz?
Whats the age and mileage of the car, and has it ever had a cambelt change before?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts