Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Peeps!
After hovering around the forum for longer than I dare admit, I thought it was about time to get off my backside and sign up.
I'm not new to the wonderful world of Alfas. I grew up in Holland where Alfas have a following with a reverence that's bordering on the occult. (Has anyone else noticed that?)
Previous Alfas I've owned were a 2.5 V6 Cloverleaf Veloce 75 with full Zender bodykit, and a gorgeous black 3 Litre 75 that I still dream about today.
Yeah, I know 75's look a bit whacky, so 'gorgeous' might seem a bit of a contradiction, but memories of tearing through the Alps North of Monaco in the blistering summer heat - the thrill of pushing out the back end with the gentlest squeeze of the throttle, sensing the grip and every nuance of the road through the sideways pressure on the seat, gearing down into first on a descent to a hairpin bend on melting tarmac with nothing but that glorious V6 wail and the sound of chirping crickets for company - all this ignited a love affair that will last a lifetime.
I always felt sad when Alfa went over to front wheel drive, and for that reason alone I haven't owned one since, but a restless longing for that symphonic V6 has once again prompted me to see what's around.
I recently sold my R32 (Stage 2 AMD) with only 20k miles on the clock. Awesome car in terms of sheer performance, but hey, it's not an Alfa!
So here I am, currently carless but looking for something to stir the senses.
Hope to catch up with you guys some time - when I'm no longer on Shanks' Pony! ;)

·
Administrator
60,068 Posts
Hi and welcome, glad you joined up, better than lurking, lot's more fun. Enjoy the site and good luck in your hunt for your alfa. :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Great intro Mr R!
A true Alfist! Great description of your magical journey.

Hope you enjoy the forum and, more importantly, grab yourself another V6 at the earliest possible convenience!

GTV? GT? Brera? 159? Have you test driven any?

Groetjes!
:D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts