Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So three months ago I buy a 2005 GT from a reputable dealer in Centurion, great car except for the squishy clutch which I feel on the test drive. They agree to replace the slave cylinder which is leaking, I even take them a quote on a new part from Nissan Fiat Centurion. Collect the car and no leak clutch feels much better then a month down the line it starts to leak again :confused: I decide to check it myself, battery box out and the cylinder is leaking again ! WTF even worse the unit certainly does not look new. It has a newish looking Bendix rubber boot on it so my feeling is they only did a rebuild on the old unit. Have a look guys, is this a new unit ? I think not.

Attachments

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
They're so cheap that it'd hardly be worth the effort to rebuild one. It looks like a new Bendix slave cylinder to me. Leaking after 1 month is no good - should be under warranty though.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lol...once again the stealers give the brand a bad name! MADHIRS!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's a new "pirate" part from china..... They don't last!
Just took it off the car, the body says "Bosch" and the new rubber is a "Bendix". No way it is new. Taking it to him tomorrow in a plastic bag and demanding a new one, will fit it myself and certainly not go back there !

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The fluid pipe looks chafed (spelling) between where it curves at the top and where it connects to the cylinder.
Or is it just the light on the photo?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Maybe but the pipe is definitely not OE looking at the crimping not that it matters.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
That looks old with a bad paint job, but I have no reference point.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
We used to do work for a couple of so-called reputable dealers.
We stopped since they always want the cheapest solution.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Rebuild ones don't last, buy a new one.
With the slave when in a bind and a new one is not available, the cylinder's bore must be honed(difficult because of the dead end of the cylinder) with new rubbers. It will last longer but not very long.

The master cylinder is another kettle of fish. Kits are also not available and the guys replace the rubbers, but there is a one way valve at the end of the plunger and with my luck that is the bit that will stop working.

The only real answers are buy new ones.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
A uno’s fit so you can get pirate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts