Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one example just I find it increadable to find people stuck to the boot of either my, the missis's or just anyother car. Ive personally had cars soooo close that I couldnt see their headlighs, if your in a hurry just overtake me :mad: its not difficult!!!

Ive even tried the lights on so they think its your brake lights (naughty I know but) I swear they get closer!

No wonder I see so many bumps and that down but the Dartford Cross tolls :rant: When will people learn

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
No one example just I find it increadable to find people stuck to the boot of either my, the missis's or just anyother car. Ive personally had cars soooo close that I couldnt see their headlighs, if your in a hurry just overtake me :mad: its not difficult!!!

Ive even tried the lights on so they think its your brake lights (naughty I know but) I swear they get closer!

No wonder I see so many bumps and that down but the Dartford Cross tolls :rant: When will people learn

Its the same round here always someone so close you cant see thier lights, I either brake hard for a second :tut: or go down to 20mph in a 30 or 40 in a 60. I'm increasing the gap in front like the highway code tells me to :D

S

·
0 Posts
Yea I usually find I have to test my brakes when some idiot is tailgating me.
Or, if they are persistent, a flash of the rear fogs.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Had 2 tailgaters on the way home from work today, both Golfs :rolleyes:
Obviously didn't like me doing 30....in a 30....:rolleyes:
One backed off slightly when they saw the road goes straight past a cop shop :lol:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
a few months ago i was coming home at 2am, and noticed a car flashing me, driving up my derrierre and then dropping back and flashing me over and over , as i pulled up outside my house so the did the car behind........ it was a copper telling me i was 5mph over the speed limit.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Tailgating doesn't make any sense EVER. If you are being tailgating its most likely the cause of the driving behind disagreeing with your speed, so they can't make you go faster so the only other option is to overtake you but it is best advised to overtake at a distance away from the car in front so you can more clearly see up the road.

*****! of the highest order. I especially hate being tailgated and then overtaken in 30mph zones whilst doing 30mph, the red mist sets in very quickly from then on and i have been known to then bully the driver once the road opens up. Petty but it makes me feel better!

S

·
0 Posts
a few months ago i was coming home at 2am, and noticed a car flashing me, driving up my derrierre and then dropping back and flashing me over and over , as i pulled up outside my house so the did the car behind........ it was a copper telling me i was 5mph over the speed limit.
Did the fact that the flashing lights were blue not give it away? :lol:

Only joking, I know you mean headlights. :)

It's amusing when they tailgate in something like a 1 litre Corsa on the motorway. Once the traffic ahead of me clears, can drop a gear and leave them for dust :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Did the fact that the flashing lights were blue not give it away? :lol:

Only joking, I know you mean headlights. :)

It's amusing when they tailgate in something like a 1 litre Corsa on the motorway. Once the traffic ahead of me clears, can drop a gear and leave them for dust :thumbs:
:lol: would have less worrying for me if they had used their lights, i was on my own at 2am not knowing what the driver behind was planning.

junctions taken veeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly are amusing for tailgaters :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm sure I've told of when I had the Xantia, getting tailgated in between speed humps but I was able to continue over them at 30mph, while the tailgater had to slow / emergency stop each time.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must admit like Jamz3k mentioned when somebody has been acting a complete **** behine me and force their way past plainly breaking speed limits when not say I must admit (not proud of it) I have done the same to them but adding full beam, fogs and weaving to get em some of their own medicine and then some - Talk about Red Mist :mad:

Will admit I never do anything stupid like that when I have the missis in the car

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Always make me laugh when you see tailgaters on a busy motorway, they get up someones chuff so the victim moves lane (sometimes), then the tailgater accelerates past them and gets stuck behind another car 2 meters up the road, it just makes me laugh as i think well done you toss er, you have gained 2 meters.

A

·
0 Posts
different levels of intelligence...
some people are very dumb, and drive carelessly.

these people would if given the chance have a raging slagging match with you over almost nothing at all.

forget even a heated debate.

so you didnt like me up your **** and i dont like you having a go back so now ill probably stabe you lmfao.

ive often wondered about cruizing to a complete stop and just sit there until said offender tries to overtake.. and then just floor it. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts