Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

(I need to access to the wiring to be able to unplug and then push out enough of it to investigate a broken earth wire in the left hand rubber boot. I'm fairly certain this is the fault as left side tailgate lighting cluster is all dead, and then was intermittent when wiggling the rubber boot for a few minutes and now it’s all dead. Great.)

Please could someone explain exactly how to remove the tailgate interior trim? With a photo if you have one. I’d quite like to do this without breaking the studs or clips that I'm assuming are involved.

Many thanks if you help.

- Jon

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
And the car is ...................?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi to all,

(I need to access to the wiring to be able to unplug and then push out enough of it to investigate a broken earth wire in the left hand rubber boot. I'm fairly certain this is the fault as left side tailgate lighting cluster is all dead, and then was intermittent when wiggling the rubber boot for a few minutes and now it’s all dead. Great.)

Please could someone explain exactly how to remove the tailgate interior trim? With a photo if you have one. I’d quite like to do this without breaking the studs or clips that I'm assuming are involved.

Many thanks if you help.

- Jon
Hi Jon.
Just fixed mine. The big panel comes off by removing 2 screws by the grab handles. 2 screws on the vertical trim (1 is the parcel shelf hanger). Top trim all on clips. Mine came off without breakages. To pull enough loom out to move the rubber gaiter and do the repair, I needed to remove the spoiler (4 nuts, easy to drop into the tailgate) and disconnect the high level brake light and washer feed and pull the loom through, unclipping from the tailgate. I cut some of the fabric tape off the wires to be able to move the gaiter. Replace with strong (gaffa) tape to stop the gaiter sliding on the wires afterwards.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Hisnhers,

Thanks for the info! Knowing how many of what to look for is half the battle ;-)

- Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts