Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have entered a post where I have put some headings and then typed data under the headings. The tab key didn't work, as in a word processor, so I just used spaces, but once previewed or submitted, all formatting disappeared. Just one space replaced all the multi spaces I'd typed. Thus the whole thing is a mess.

Is there any way to overcome this? I tried composing in Word, using both tabs and multi spacing, then copy and pasting, but with the same result.

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts
I don't think so unless you insert a character instead of spaces eg ----------, you could use the attachment feature to add a .doc or .txt file

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Unfortunately not, the forum software removes multiple spaces and I don't think there's a way of inserting tab spaces into the text as the input box is very simple.

You can format a post using the bb code of which a list is here;
Alfa Romeo Forum - BB Code List

Don't forget that you can also Preview a post before submitting. I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with BB codes so will look at that in due course.

In the meanwhile I have used dots to align text as per suggestion. It looks reasonable and should help make sense of what is listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts