Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just wondering if any one can recommend a nice sounding stainless steel back box for my 166 2.0. I need to change it and thought it might be worth getting a stainless one. It might be cool to have a bit more noise too. I know a 4 cylinder is never gonna sound like the v6 but has anyone had any success with something off the shelf?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey. Just wondering if any one can recommend a nice sounding stainless steel back box for my 166 2.0. I need to change it and thought it might be worth getting a stainless one. It might be cool to have a bit more noise too. I know a 4 cylinder is never gonna sound like the v6 but has anyone had any success with something off the shelf?
I can't really comment re the twinnie - but I had a stainless rear box made by longlife and it sounds tickety boo. Also it was cheaper than an off the shelf unit so might be worth investigating?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I asked in the 156 forum too, and they said it's prob cheaper to have one made up. So think I'll look at that maybe. I might even have a go at making one myself, although I've not welded stainless steel before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts