Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is just for a bit of fun lads and lasses !!

I see V6 owners having "V6 is best" or "V6 the best sounding engine" as there status. This makes me wonder if the thought of a (V6 beating) tuned twin spark car would make a V6 owner a little pi$$ed ?? :p

I can't deny that the sound of the Busso engine is glorious but why do some V6 owners have to look down on TS cars as if it's an inferior car ?? It really gets my goat :mad:

Both cars have there pros' and cons. Being a TS owner currently building a uprated TS engine I aim to build that V6 beating TS car :D

Let the games begin....

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I like both for different reasons :thumbs:

Busso V6

The noise, power, character of the engine, looks and the best V6 ever produced.

Twinspark

The noise of the ally tops, also a different kind of character, the lightness and the responsiveness of the engine.

I've been running my twinny 155 alongside my GTA for almost a year so make of that as you will bud! :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ive owned several of both over the years but my heart lies with the TWINNY. handles so much better more economical and a darn sight cheaper to fix. but I do miss the sound of the busso.

C

·
0 Posts
Not sure I see the point of this at all. However in the spirit of it...my take is this......They both look the same, they are both restricted to the National speed limit, and I believe the TS is renowned for far better balance and handling.
What noise comes from the rear, is relatively pointless unless you own a V8 or V12
What would you prefer to swing in a fight......A big lump of wood,that is hard to handle or a nice light swingable bar that would sting on the first swipe? Case answered...TS is def the kiddie on the block unless you like driving a truck.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
The amusing thing of course is that so many people pontificate on this "unwieldy V6"......

According to Eper, a 2.0 TS "incomplete motor" (ie sump, block assembly, head assembly) weighs 130Kg

According to Eper, a 2.5 V6 "incomplete motor" (ie sump, block assembly, head assemblies) weighs 133Kg

Now I don't know about you, but my driving skills aren't that finely tuned that I can tell the effect of a 3kg increase in nose-weight........:)

OK - I'll 'fess up - its not the whole story.....the V6 6-speed gearbox weighs 4 Kg more than the TS 5-speed, too. That'll be the difference, then:cheese:

·
Registered
412 Posts
The amusing thing of course is that so many people pontificate on this "unwieldy V6"......

According to Eper, a 2.0 TS "incomplete motor" (ie sump, block assembly, head assembly) weighs 130Kg

According to Eper, a 2.5 V6 "incomplete motor" (ie sump, block assembly, head assemblies) weighs 133Kg

Now I don't know about you, but my driving skills aren't that finely tuned that I can tell the effect of a 3kg increase in nose-weight........:)

OK - I'll 'fess up - its not the whole story.....the V6 6-speed gearbox weighs 4 Kg more than the TS 5-speed, too. That'll be the difference, then:cheese:

:thumbs:

..and when they sick of V6 bashing, they'll start on the JTS as usual. :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Thats why he placed a set of moving boxing gloves on the thread title. I'm sure we're all happy with our cars whatevers under the bonnet.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I also am of the opinion that people who slag off the V6 are people who can't afford a V6 so likes to **** on other people etc :lol:

·
Registered
37,521 Posts
Some folks need to hang out in WOT more and get insulted/wound up a bit more frequently! :)

Clearly the best engine is the one the OP has carefully avoided mentioning, the JTS.

It is a 50% longer engine name and is therefore clearly 50% more economical and 50% faster :p

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
They can probably afford to buy a V6 but insuring it is another matter.

Anyway, mentioning 'affordability' is never PC. It always offends, even though it is invariably true.
Insurance and fuel is the main issue aye! Agree with that 100%!

Good example is that pre map I was getting around 16mpg, now I get 19mpg which is still a killer in fuel terms but who cares when she goes as well as she does and handles better than any twinny i've driven :D

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Some folks need to hang out in WOT more and get insulted/wound up a bit more frequently! :)

Clearly the best engine is the one the OP has carefully avoided mentioning, the JTS.

It is a 50% longer engine name and is therefore clearly 50% more economical and 50% faster :p
:D:D

I was under the impression that the JTS is a royal PITA due to the 5th injector?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts