Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that a lot of drivers out there seem to have issues dealing with the basic principle of T-Junctions?

8 times this week (and it's only Thursday!) I've been coming to up to one of the three T-Junctions I use going to work. I've been coming up to the main road, about to turn right, when some $*£ decides to turn right off the main road by cutting right across my lane straight in front of me - as if the road I am on is one-way! (It's not). I've lost track of the times I've now nearly lost a front bumper or had a proper head on collision with people that either don't look or don't care. And the generally clueless look you get when you beep them! Jeez...

And then the other issue. I believe in the highway code it states (or used to) that you cannot park within a few feet of a junction. So why on tight roads in a small new housing devlopment must people park on the main road, on a T-Junction, directly opposite the turn? Not only is visibility in both directions reduced, one now has to go on the wrong side of the road in order to make a controlled turn off the main road. Bastards.

Sorry, vent over. Undoubtedly more to follow.... :)

H

·
0 Posts
And then the other issue. I believe in the highway code it states (or used to) that you cannot park within a few feet of a junction. So why on tight roads in a small new housing devlopment must people park on the main road, on a T-Junction, directly opposite the turn?

My pet junction hate is the van or huge 4x4 parked within a few feet of the junction, so I can't see what traffic is coming when i'm trying to edge out :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,310 Posts
For me it's the mini roundabouts, Not them per se, it's just that a lot of people have no idea how to use them. Get stuck behind someone at one of them and it soon becomes obvious that they are treating it as a T Junction, blood pressure rising and trying hard to keep my cool whilst trying to think of a way to remove all these puddle jumpers from the roads. :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
You guys live in a comparative Hobbiton when
it comes to bad/careless/****witted driving. ;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
For me it has to be at roundabouts when the person in the lefthand lane cuts into yours so they dont have to steer around it. Also, the people that think they are driving a 40 foot vehicle and swerve in the opposite direction they are planning to turn and thus entering your lane.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
i believe the distance you have to leave between a parked car and a juntion of any sorts is 10m IIRC

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Other drivers cutting in at T Junctions is a pet hate of mine. I might actually have to check and see if my car is invisible. There is one I use on the way to work and this happens every day. Think some people think they are driving a bus instead of a car. Interestingly the last time I hired a van it happened a lot less to me.

There is also a guy along the road who parks a JCB half on the pavement and you can't see a thing at that junction either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts