Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year T.I. are celebrating 35 years in business and are hosting the sixth annual track day on Saturday May 13th in Mondello. There are two big changes this year, the track day has moved to the International track and to a Saturday.

As always only Alfa Romeos will be on track, however everyone is more than welcome to come and spectate on the day. The track will be open from 2 -5.30pm.
The total cost is €125 and as usual food will be provided for all drivers on the day. Drivers are required to meet at Mondello between 12.30 and 1pm in order to sign on. It will operate as an open pit lane this year but time will be allocated for sessions with only classics on track. This is a fun day and its a great chance for everyone to try out their cars on track in a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Places must be pre booked and this can be paid in the garage or online. Lunch is also available for spectators and passengers for €10

PM me or email [email protected] if you want to book your place.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is looking like its going to be a great turnout this year. We have a 2017 Giulia booked in now, four GTAs and a growing number of 105 GTVs along with the other mixes of Alfa. We're also been joined by a number of members from the NIIMC this year

Spaces are been booked up quickly so please get it touch if you haven't paid already

·
Registered
240 Posts
Over 40 Alfas now booked in for the track, no doubt there will be a lot more than that in the paddock
We should also have a Giulia Quadrifoglio showing up on the day, hopefully
Would my 159 Sportwagon 2.0 (diesel - not petrol unfortunately) be completely out of place on the track? I've never driven on a track before, but would love to give it a go.

Also, I asked this a couple of years back, but wanted to check again - is it still the case that passengers need to be over 18 to go on the track? I'd love to take my 14yr old son out in my own car, but appreciate this may not be possible. Still, he'll probably be so delighted to see a Giulia QV in the flesh that he might not mind staying trackside!

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Would my 159 Sportwagon 2.0 (diesel - not petrol unfortunately) be completely out of place on the track? I've never driven on a track before, but would love to give it a go.

Also, I asked this a couple of years back, but wanted to check again - is it still the case that passengers need to be over 18 to go on the track? I'd love to take my 14yr old son out in my own car, but appreciate this may not be possible. Still, he'll probably be so delighted to see a Giulia QV in the flesh that he might not mind staying trackside!
First question is there are allsorts on track so I'm sure it's fine.
I think the minimum age for passengers is 16?

Reactions: Kildare Alfa

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
..i think passengers may need to be over 18?

As regards diesel estates, once it it has an alfa badge on the boot it'll fit right in :) If you've never been on a track before it's worth keeping in mind that it's not a race.. you just drive as fast as you want to drive. It's pretty easy going and there's all sorts of cars on track together, and once you keep an eye on your mirrors and let faster traffic pass you'll be fine..

I'm hoping to have the old 164 there again this year.. hopefully i'll get a few more laps out of her this time. Can's wait :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
..i think passengers may need to be over 18?

As regards diesel estates, once it it has an alfa badge on the boot it'll fit right in :) If you've never been on a track before it's worth keeping in mind that it's not a race.. you just drive as fast as you want to drive. It's pretty easy going and there's all sorts of cars on track together, and once you keep an eye on your mirrors and let faster traffic pass you'll be fine..

I'm hoping to have the old 164 there again this year.. hopefully i'll get a few more laps out of her this time. Can's wait :)
Well, that's me officially signed up as of this morning - looking forward to it!

Understandably, Mondello have rules about under-age passengers, so it's probably not a runner for my 14yr old, which is fair enough. I already set that expectation with him anyway. He'll be happy enough to be trackside.

I'll be taking it handy enough on the track alright - I reckon the lap record will safe enough!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Numbers are looking really really good for this year. We'll also have t shirts this year too which I'm working on at the moment
Good man!
I'm wearing my 2014 one today.
How much for additional drivers?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good man!
I'm wearing my 2014 one today.
How much for additional drivers?
€30
Three more entered today, this will no doubt be the best turnout yet and there are due to be some surprises turning up on the day if all goes to plan. Just a reminder to anyone who hasn't already paid, we really need full payment in ASAP. Taking money on the day slows up the sign on process and makes more work of things for us running the event.

The 155 GTA will also be running some new suspension this year so I'm really looking forward to driving it again

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
€30
Three more entered today, this will no doubt be the best turnout yet and there are due to be some surprises turning up on the day if all goes to plan. Just a reminder to anyone who hasn't already paid, we really need full payment in ASAP. Taking money on the day slows up the sign on process and makes more work of things for us running the event.

The 155 GTA will also be running some new suspension this year so I'm really looking forward to driving it again
One of them me?
166 2.5V6 Track car (yes the one with the stripes!):tank:

Reactions: mick164

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One of them me?
166 2.5V6 Track car (yes the one with the stripes!):tank:
I lost track of sign ups this week to be honest, brilliant seeing all the bookings coming in.

For anyone who is interested we will have tshirts this year, €15 each. If anyone wants one pre ordered please let me know what size you need

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ok, I'm in! Spider taxed, back on road, shakedown drive...shook..(?). All ready to go. Just have to wash it.

And maybe get an NCT (ahem..).

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've just emailed the full details for Saturday, if anyone hasn't got it please email me @[email protected] and I'll add you to the track day group email.

Details for the Day
As always we will be meeting in the Avoca car park on the Naas road @11.15. We'll then leave from here at 12.15. This is totally optional of course.

People driving on track need to be at Mondello between 12.30 and 12.45.

We are celebrating 35 years in business this year and its looking like this will be the biggest turnout ever, counting down the days now

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I've just emailed the full details for Saturday, if anyone hasn't got it please email me @[email protected] and I'll add you to the track day group email.

Details for the Day
As always we will be meeting in the Avoca car park on the Naas road @11.15. We'll then leave from here at 12.15. This is totally optional of course.

We are celebrating 35 years in business this year and its looking like this will be the biggest turnout ever, counting down the days now
Dropped you an e-mail there. See you all Saturday :thumbs:

·
Registered
240 Posts

Details for the Day

Just dropped you an email too. I live fairly close to Mondello, so I'll head there directly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts