Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have booked the 8th of May for our annual track day in Mondello Park and would like you to join us along with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Ireland. Our aim is to make this years event the best yet whilst retaining the relaxed atmosphere of previous years as well as speeding up the sign on process and making every ones time on and off track as enjoyable as possible. Due to an over demand for spaces priority will be given to T.I. customers and members of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Ireland.

The price of the track day is €110 including lunch. We ask that everyone pays in full before the day. Everyone is invited to spectate on the day and lunch is available for €10.If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please email us @ [email protected] for payment details

·
Registered
698 Posts
Count me in, I will drop the deposit in to you whenever I finally get the car started....!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Need to get 2 helmets , one for the wife and the other for mysel for this track day, any ideas where to get them cheap? Don't want to spend too much as I don't know if we are ever going to do it again ( 2 track day virgins we are).

Any ideas welcome!

·
Registered
698 Posts
In previous years there were loaner helmets there that people shared. They had very stylish hair nets available too....!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Won't be tracking the 166 again this year, as it's my daily and with the money I spent on her just can't risk it.

Would love to come along again though , popped down last year but sat in the stands with my little fella (He's cars mad) like me! Do you reckon it would be ok to bring the car into the paddock if we weren't going on the track just to line it up with the others?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay in replying lads!

Count me in, I will drop the deposit in to you whenever I finally get the car started....!!
No problem at all!

Need to get 2 helmets , one for the wife and the other for mysel for this track day, any ideas where to get them cheap? Don't want to spend too much as I don't know if we are ever going to do it again ( 2 track day virgins we are).
Any ideas welcome!
There' usually a good few helmets been shared around on the day but if you want your own basic ones can be got in Murray Motorsport for about €70. Are you wanting to drive yourself or just as a passenger?

Won't be tracking the 166 again this year, as it's my daily and with the money I spent on her just can't risk it.
Would love to come along again though , popped down last year but sat in the stands with my little fella (He's cars mad) like me! Do you reckon it would be ok to bring the car into the paddock if we weren't going on the track just to line it up with the others?
That's no problem at all, we want to see plenty of Alfas out for the day regardless if they're out on track or not. You can sign on as a passenger free of charge too!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is there any discounts etc to be found for a ferry from UK?

When I looked ago prices were quite prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I should have an interesting enough machine ready to go at that stage Peter. I would like to be involved if there is a space. Any idea about track day insurance or is it even provided over here?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I said before everyone is welcome to come along and join us in Mondello for the day however if anyone is interested in driving on track and is not T.I. customer or a member of the A.R.O.C please email me @[email protected] Close to 20 spots are already filled and we are giving priority to customers and A.R.O.C members. Great to see such an interest!

Is there any discounts etc to be found for a ferry from UK?
When I looked ago prices were quite prohibitive.
Not too sure to be honest we have one customer who comes over from the uk each year for this day.

I should have an interesting enough machine ready to go at that stage Peter. I would like to be involved if there is a space. Any idea about track day insurance or is it even provided over here?
Hows things!
Assuming its an Alfa we should be able to provide a space, email me @[email protected]

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We are now counting down the days until our track day on May 8th and hope that you will be able to join us for another great day. We're asking for all payments to be made in advance, this can be done online or in the garage. This will speed up the sign on process and allow the day to run more smoothly and give more track time to all drivers.

Details for the Day
People driving on track need to be at Mondello between 12.30 and 1 o'clock. All drivers must sign on and attend the drivers briefing. Drivers will need to have their driving licence and if possible a helmet. Lunch will be provided from 2 o'clock onward.

All are welcome to come along and spectate on the day and see what will be a great display of Alfa Romeo's. If any spectator wants lunch we ask for a €10 contribution on the day.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate in asking us

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Peadar , not sure what Ill be in on the day but it probably wont be an Alfa , its for sale at the moment , but I know I can be there as a spectator . If I need food ( which is likely :) ) its ok to pay on the day or do you want the money up front I can send you the money in the post ?

Dermo

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Peadar , not sure what Ill be in on the day but it probably wont be an Alfa , its for sale at the moment , but I know I can be there as a spectator . If I need food ( which is likely :) ) its ok to pay on the day or do you want the money up front I can send you the money in the post ?
Dermo
No problem Dermo, I might have a lovely 145 I could sell you there shortly ;) Its ok to pay for the lunch at any point during the day.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Oh man don't do that to me please I cant keep buying Alfa's !! Ill buy it if you store it for a number of years !!

Thanks for the reply Peadar . hope to see you on the 8th .. Might bring my Punttogetinto and "hide" it !!
:D

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
285 Posts
I'll be bringing the 166 along and venturing out onto the track this time :smile:

Any know if there are helmets available at Mondello on the day?

Is there a plan to meet somewhere in advance and drive down in convoy?

V.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts