Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if t-cut, does any harm to a vela blue 156, I have small hairline scratches and the normal car wash swirls. Will this help along with a good polish ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
It won't do any damage but it probably won't do any good either, there's better polishes out there.All pretty well covered in this section.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
There are MUCH better products available in the UK. Check out Meguiars, Autoglym, Chemical Guys.

Look at cleanyourcar.co.uk for a good range, tips, and even it's own forum.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
For light scratches, I really would point you in the direction of Autoglym Paint Renovator.

T-Cut is a last-resort for areas that you don't really notice, IMHO.

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
I have used T cut on may cars over the years with pretty good results. Just make sure you get the metallic version.

There may well be better products around now, but T cut is well proven over the years.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
If you have very hairline scratches you could use a good polish....if they are a bit worse than that try Turtlewax safecut.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
'T' cut was the 'after' Farcla cutting/levelling paste, and then Harris's burnishing. All abrasive, with varying degrees of cut and finish. Obviously the finer the polshing abrasive, the higher the eventual shine. I finish with Zymol, and then just flit over with silicone polish, on a micofibre to keep it sparkling. There are plenty of products out there, some extortionately costly imo. So although I know many disagree with my methods, I don't! Bit swell headed maybe, but the shine is Fine.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts