Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, from a new member.

I have recently had a radiator replaced on my SZ. The car's not currently running having been laid up for some time.

I need to identify the coolant capacity in order to get some antifreze into the system given the current weather conditions as the temperture in my garage is of concern..

A couple of AA guys replaced the rad after I'd requested recovery to a local garage. They decided they would do it themselves but didn't have any antifreeze to charge the system.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about getting enough of the water out to get the antifreeze in either.

Frankly what goes on under that bonnet is a black art to me and I don't usually go near anything vaguely mechanical but the car ain't running so I can't get it to someone who knows what they're doing.

All advice gratefully received.

Mink.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if im anderstand good you need antifreeze. just normal antifreeze. is very ize to put antifreeze alone its no so dificult

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I would think the cooling system is around 10 liters capacity.

You'll need to remove the radiator cap and bottom hose from the radiator to let the water out, once you have a lot of it out then refit the hose and fill with coolant / anti-freeze. Leave the radiator cap open and start the engine, once the engine is running hopefully most of the air from within the engine will bubble out from the radiator cap.

You'll need to run the engine until its hot enough to open the thermostat to make sure all the coolant passes around the engine and radiator - top up coolant as required.

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
Checked Autodata and it is listed as 10L of coolant for an SZ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts