Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I need a switched ign feed that i can splice into to power my dash cam(2 amps should be ample). Either in the front half of the roof, A Pillar or somewhere behind or around the glove box.

Is there anything I can safely use?

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is one in the roof consul that I used for my dash cam, easy to find with a test light. And I earthed it onto one of the mounting studs.
thanks bt75, looks like a lot of work to run from the fuse box (i.e. lots of dash removal).

Jon i think this is the way forward with what i want to achieve, minimal dash disruption and not miles of cabling to get it installed and routed, can you by any chance remember what wires you spliced into? no problem if you cant ill go digging in eLEARN ;):thumbup:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
It was one of the wires in the multi plug to the lights in the roof consul, with it unpluged I just tested for a feed with the ignition on with a test light and scotch locked into it and for the camara earth I used one of the mounting screws.

With the Camara mounted in frount of the rear view mirror there is only an inch or 2 of visable wiring and then only if you look for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts