Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if any of you have experience of the black Alfa switchblade key button malfunctioning? Went to use the key this morning to unlock the car and, how can I describe it, the main button depresses fine but I don't feel the 'lump' in the centre of the rubber there anymore. Perhaps it has got stuck in the down position or snapped off? :eek:
The boot release still operates so the key itself still works btw.

The funds are definitely tight at teh moment so I'd rather not turn up at the local dealer and get fleeced. I've had a go at opening up the key body to take a look inside but only got as far as removing teh battery tray before I felt like I was going to break something :lol:

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know the method to open up the key body without hideously breaking it?!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
One of the buttons on my key failed similar to yours (probably the micro-switch is defective). Mine was replaced under warranty (but only just as it was two years old).

If you have a look at this recent thread from gotcha it might help...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=37606

There's also a reference in the above thread to a "tips" item on 156.net that shows in more detail how to get inside the key and replace a micro-switch.

·
Registered
472 Posts
u can order just the circuit board for both the red key and the black flipkey from mangoletsi for under 5 quid. u will need to get it reprogrammed tho, so that's extra cost there.

redd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts