Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While refitting a peice of material that sits above the pedals I noticed a switch on the clutch. It is similar to the brake light switch and is mounted in the same way.

Does anyone know what this switch is for??

Mine was very loose and I am doubtful it was working at all. I have retightened it in place but what is it for??? :(

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
While refitting a peice of material that sits above the pedals I noticed a switch on the clutch. It is similar to the brake light switch and is mounted in the same way.

Does anyone know what this switch is for??

Mine was very loose and I am doubtful it was working at all. I have retightened it in place but what is it for??? :(
Cruise control ;) - cancels when clutch or brake pedal is touched ;)

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks degangsta.

That explains why I didn't notice anything wrong when it wasn't fitted. I don't have cruise control! Guess it is put in just in case cruise control is specified as an option.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if you could. I had cruise control on my sportronic but hardly used it. Kent roads don't really lend themselves to cruise control. When I realised the car I have now didn't have it, I didn't consider that a minus point.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
can you retrofit cruise control i wonder?
I believe so - It was mentioned recently (on a 156 thread this week, I think, general alfa discussion?). Someone stated that it was a £250 option or you could buy the stalk for £80 and plug it in.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yeah, I always thought of it as another gimmik but actually find it useful, now that I have it. There is a long 30mph stretch near me that I use it on as well as motorway, will be great for my trip to France this year.

I suppose that if that switch is there then the rest of the wiring will be as well!?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
No. Just checked the brochures - Not fitted/available for the TS.

Why not? Has a 6 speed box and can sit at high motorway speed!

I wonder if you have that switch though? Is it possible to retrofit to a TS?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Surely if the switch is there then the rest should be also......Alfa!?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Thought CC was on all UK 166's

Use mine on motorways - gives an extra 1-2 mpg :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
funny enough although they all have the switch,cruise control
was never available on prefacelift t/sparks,all facelifts have it as
standard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have managed to get a set indicator stalks with cruise control from a broker (22£). However, I have no idea if I can use it to retrofit cruise control on my car - even though I have the switches on the clutch and brake pedals.

Will consult my excellent Alfa mechanic and ask for advise. Will keep you posted if I succeed with my project.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Mitch I may have stumbled on your answer.

Lacey is 3.0 sportronic (No Clutch pedal ) and has cruise control but NO STR switch.

Pomeo 2.5 manual ,NO CRUISE CONTROL, with Clutch pedal (dont know about switch ) and STR button......I have noticed that when you press the STR it does not change status until you press the clutch pedal.

I therefore assume that is possibly what the switch at the clutch pedal is for.

Pomeo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts