Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remove the swirl flaps completely from my 1.9jmtd is a remap required without question? What are the affects if I do not remap? If it is just a EML that appears I'm hoping to wait until it is closer MOT required to remap the car.

This is from my other thread and I'm sorry if I should not ask a connected question in a new thread. I felt that I need to as some readers my not read the whole of my other thread. Thank you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great news remap not needed. Will do it in time and blank EGR though. Thank you

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
expect a loss of torque low down after the flaps are removed,I have had it done, solution was a de-cat down pipe, definitely restored the minimal but noticeable loss of power...

if you can afford a clutch get the re-map as it transforms the car,if the EGR is still in get rid as its the main reason for swirl flap ingestion.

if i were to do mine again I would go down the route of removing the EGR ,mapping and fitting a brand new flapped manifold. I think its the best of both worlds, maintaining combustion efficiency at low revs as well as low down power and removing almost entirely the risk of ''flap ingestion''

de flapping is definitely cheaper though, especially if done along with a cambelt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts