Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am just about to do a cam belt service of my new 159, whilst there I plan to get the EGR cleaned up and blocked off and also clean out the throttle body as she is suffering an idle akin to a tractor... (glow plugs and maybe an injector clean are on the cards also).
whilst I am taking it all apart (and crutially whilst the cambelt is off) it seems logical to get the inlet off and sort the swirl flaps.

So the question is has anyone here used the 6 blanking plugs and bonding agent from the likes of here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swirl-Fla...ancia-2-4-20V-JTD-Multijet-JTDM-/171840013772

or is this just asking for problems a few years down the line?

Thanks in advance of opinions and experience from other owners.

Cheers
Neil

P

·
0 Posts
As we speak I'm doing the same as you mentioned. It's worth doing because there is something less that could go wrong. A lot of 2.4 owners did it and keep coming back as a succesfull achievement.

Just make sure that the blanking plugs fit, because the one I bought on ebay were wrong (to big). It didn't came from the list you mentioned but maybe someone else could verify wich plugs fit onto the inlet manifold.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah cool ok thanks good to know the plugs are a tried and tested way to do this, would be great to confirm part size required before I start if possible (I have the 200hp versions 2006)

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So to be clear all the links so far are likely to be for the wrong size? If you have your manifold off already could I get you to confirm the hole sizes please?

P

·
0 Posts
So to be clear all the links so far are likely to be for the wrong size? If you have your manifold off already could I get you to confirm the hole sizes please?
I'm talking about my two links. Your link I don't know.

I will try to measure the holes, but It's already with my welder. I see what I can do when it comes back.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
They will be the same as the 1.9 ally manifold which has 2 designs of swirl valve, the early type where the whole valve moves in the manifold which has smaller holes once its all removed than the later type that has a spindle and outer bush set up.
Your 200hp should have the earlier type with the smaller holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts