Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent the last half hour try to find out why I have, what can only be refered to as a swimming pool in the rear passenger foot well (drivers side), but to no avail.
Has anybody else had this problem or could point me in the right direction.
I did notice an air vent under the seat, could this be the problem?
Barry

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wierd!

Check the sunroof drains are not blocked and the door rubbers. Also check your rear door is closing tight enough, they are not great!

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
door seal or sunroof drain....sit in the car and get some one to spray it all with a hose pipe while you look......ive got an ultasonic thingy that finds water leaks..but i dont know how it works.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I haven't got a sunroof, so that rules that out. I will check the door rubbers tomorrow and if the weather is the same as it has been today I will not need a hose pipe.
Barry

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the place of ingress isn't obvious try putting talc powder on the door rubbers.

wrinx

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i also have one of those electronic leek finding things and dont know how to use
maybe we could form an electronic leek thingy that doesnt get used club. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats your look like(ohherr),??
mines looks like two metal rods one with leds on it and an ultra sonic thingy one each rod.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ill have to dig it out its my brothers really (mech) it looks like a 12 oblong peice of aluminium whith other bits and bobs from memory ill check how to use it if you want?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I may have tracked the leak down to door rubbers, I am just about to pull it all of the car and clean it down.
Heres hoping and thanks for the advice.
Barry
ps How do you get rid of the damp smell in the car?????

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
re. the damp smell - just let it dry out properly (quickly) if it still smells then shampoo and dry quickly.

"Fasud" (car valeter) may be able to advise on some good products.

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Use some carpet cleaner on the wet bits, to get rid of the pong.

Ralf S.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damp smell should go eventually, have come across an odd one that has been wet for a number of weeks and the felt underneath rots and has to be removed and replaced,its fairly rare though
alan
- - - - - - - - -
keep her clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts