Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Administrator
23,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can understand why there is one even if I think it does knock out some perfectly acceptable words - the ancient English factual descriptive term springs to mind.

Why though, if we are going to have one, is the term FFS considered acceptable?

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Is it acceptable to tell someone that you will See them Next Tuesday?

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
The swearfilter is a bit strong.

Why can we not use the 3 letter term for a Donkey or the term for a male bird? They are used in common language and are not swearwords.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
you cant have a good old fashioned rant and let off some steam by saying ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ***, ********, ****** or ******* but you can tell everyone how well and truly pissed you got last night :D

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I was on another forum yesterday, and it had no obvious filter.

There is a middle ground which is best for a forum which, becuase of its very nature, will be frequented by adults.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
The swearfilter is a bit strong.

Why can we not use the 3 letter term for a Donkey or the term for a male bird? They are used in common language and are not swearwords.
Yeah, right...cos of course everyone here would only use those words in that context...oh, how many threads have been ruined by not being able to talk about our donkeys or male birds?? :rolleyes: :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
i dont see the point of having a filter at all

this is a car forum and as such 99.9%on here will be adults as most kids dont drive and those who do wont be interested in replacing a maf or how often you should change your cambelt,

1 - 20 of 169 Posts