Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm (hopefully) just a day away from owning a nice phase 2 GTV TS there's a strong chance that I might want to swap a phase 1 red leather interior into it. Are there likely to be any complications? I'm hoping carpets, door cards and seats will all have the same fitment?

Grateful (as usual) for any advice on the subject.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I've done it the other wayy round with seats a door cards with no problems, don't know about the carpet tho.

Can I ask why? You'll have a hard time finding 10 year old plus red leather in good condition I'd think... unless you already have some of course? :)

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
I can understand why mr brown is doing this. You sit 'on' the P2 momo seats rather than 'in' them. The P1 seats are much more comfortable and you sit lower in the cabin. I agree though the momo leather looks (and smells) much better. Best of all is getting hold of the P3 seats, but that's a tall order.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can understand why mr brown is doing this. You sit 'on' the P2 momo seats rather than 'in' them..
So it wasn't just my imagination then? :)

The car in the frame is a sunroof P2 which obviously makes headroom worse. But basically I just love the red leather:D

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
Definitely not your imagination! I swapped the P1 seats for the momo P2, found my head was hitting the roof, didn't think they were as comfortable anyway so went back to P1 again (which I'd kept). Shame as the quality of the P2 momo leather is really good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi
I know I am asking this 10 years plus after you swooped seats but I am about to do it
Did you have problem with air bag when you put Phase 2 into your phase 1 . Plug is different I think . Do you remember 🙏

thank you

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
Hi
I know I am asking this 10 years plus after you swooped seats but I am about to do it
Did you have problem with air bag when you put Phase 2 into your phase 1 . Plug is different I think . Do you remember 🙏

thank you
Plugs were the same if I remember correctly. Certainly no problem swapping them over.

Make sure keys are out of ignition before the swap. Air bag ECU doesn't like getting confused.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would unplug battery for the swap. seats are fine as Spider95 says.

Carpet is slightly different though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts