Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I dont know if people are browsing the new classifieds as much, but i've had a wanted post up on there and pistonheads for anyone with a car to trade up for my GTA.
Surprisingly I've had plenty interest without even putting up a proper for sale post and actually got some reasonable offers from dealers and private buyers for just cash and for cars and cash. :)
Dont really want to sell as its a fantastic looking and driving car, but think its time to get something cheaper to run and I cant afford to run 2 cars with one being the GTA.
Could end up with any kind of Alfa next, not 100% decided what to get......I either swap it for something of similar or close value thats cheaper to run, possibly newer and lower mileage too.
Or I run 2 cheaper cars again like I did for years before getting the V6, thinking GTV 2.0 TS as I fancy a coupe again for a weekend fun car and another cheap more sensible car, maybe a Punto 1.2 16v Sporting for daily use.....as there is a very cheap W reg one in the family I can have if I want.
Decisions decisions..... :confused:

Anyway if anyone is interested in my car please let me know asap, as it would be great to do a deal with someone from here! :thumbs:

Cheers
Philip

D

·
0 Posts
Good luck with selling it Phil. My brother would have snapped it up if he was back staying here. They are worth moonbeams over in NZ.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Ooo My wife would kill me! How much would something like that be worth?

There is water mixing with the oil of my Puma (yay! its nearly dead!) I'm taking it to chicks tomorrow to see what is wrong with it. (I'm hoping that a hole has rusted through the cylinder.)

To be honest I've got no money so if I can keep the Ford running I will. Otherwise I would love to go bankrupt buying another Alfa! :D

Stuart

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Shame you're selling it Phil but I know where you're coming from! I'm just getting ready to put my 166 up for sale and get something more economical to run but swithering whether or not it will be another Alfa as Stus comments sum it up!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
For those who can't remember what car is like can we have some pics and details.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some decent pics in my images gallery.

2003 Met. Black 147 GTA with 73k.
Totally standard, black/tan leather, sat nav, multispoke alloys.
Good history, 6 months tax and mot.
Last serviced June 09, belt done in Jan 08 at 61K.

P

Attachments

·
0 Posts
If you only you were just wanting to swap your wheels! What else you running just now? See in your image gallery you had a Delta! I was looking at maybe getting one of those instead of the GTA. Bit older but just a totaly random rare car! But you cant get bored of the V6 maybe just a bit skippy in the snow!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI, no i'm certainly not bored of the V6..... :(

Not got anything else just now, i've not had the Delta for a while, its a 1.6 GTie which is very rare, and with some HF Turbo bits added to it.
Was a great retro car, but a RHD Integrale EVO would be much nicer.
Let us know if you get one! :cool:

N

·
0 Posts
I couldn't find a drooling smilie. Rest assured however that I drooled, much, then checked my bank balance and decided to just :cry:

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
There is water mixing with the oil of my Puma (yay! its nearly dead!) I'm taking it to chicks tomorrow to see what is wrong with it. (I'm hoping that a hole has rusted through the cylinder.)

Stuart
Hi Philip

Just to say sadly that my car is running fine. It just needed a new center section which cost £46. So it makes good senseable sense to keep it!

Stuart
:confused::confused::confused:

:lol:
fOR gOD SAKE DONT TELL ALFIE156156166;)

hOWZITGAWIN STU...WILL NEED TO CACH UP ONE NIGHT SOON.

Bean to cauld to go anywhere old been :p:cheese:

Pomeo

Thon Chick should be cauld
Merlin

Pomeo

Pea n ham frae a chicken I can unnerstawn
BUT

a new centre pipe takes the watter oot the aisle:wow:;):D

PPS have you nogot nice pics of phils motur.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers nivens and stu, glad your cars running well again! :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Sorry to hear you are thinking about parting with the GTA Phil , its a nice specimen .I understand your reasoning though the old V6 is a thirsty beast , and the old jungle juice aint getting any cheaper:eek:. My GTV just gets a wee run out now and again because of that too , im using the 156 smokerwagon as my daily runner ,just to get more MPG from the dirty tap .

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I have a deposit for the GTA, and its new owner will be an AO member I'm pleased to say! :)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Weel done Phil. WHy not get a GT then. You did say you always fancied one or a 156 20V MJET so you don't lose too much performance

D

·
0 Posts
Good stuff Philip, so the hunt begins for the next one. Or have you already got your eye on something?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep cheers guys, i'll hopefully get the Punto Sporting back on the road soon, then I'll take my time looking for another nice Alfa.

Decided its going to be a phase 2 GTV TS though! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts