Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been using this forum for some time now, but recently swapped cars and thought it was probably a good time to introduce myself.

Early last year I bought a used facelift 156 sportwagon - 2.0 JTS. It got me hooked on Alfa's and I totally loved it, but it seemed to bring me bad luck! In September I crashed into the back of my mate's 147 (my fault sadly!), had to get the insurance company involved but after 8 long weeks I had my car returned to me looking like new.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=40944

After having the car back for a week, somebody lost control of their car on the road outside my house, wrote off an oncoming 106 and ended up mounting the pavement and crashed into the rear of my car! Couldn't have had any worse luck! Another encounter with the insurers and 2 week's later she was back on the road again just after new year's.

I'd now decided it was time for a change, hopefully for something that would bring me a bit more luck! On Saturday morning i took delivery of a 2004 147 GTA. I've been out driving it all weekend and I'm loving it, just hoping its luck doesn't go the way of the sportwagon!

Got the car from SGT in Maidenhead, traded in the sportwagon and managed to get a test drive of a 159 at the same time! My heart was ruling my head over this one and I couldn't stop myself from buying the GTA :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, love the GTA. :cool:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice GTA same as mine!

That one was for sale when I was looking for mine before xmas.Didn`t want to travel too far thou.

I also P X`ed my SW 156 2.0L TS for my bella....Happy GTAing Chame81.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

Nice Car :cool:

Looks much like mine :D

An excellent choice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts