Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Swaping SP1 seats for "recaro" SP2 - Do they match?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gibot123 
#1 ·
Hi "Alfalanders"

I have a 2003 SP1 156 SW and found a decent set of (british) SP2 seats. My car is a LHD while (of course) the SP2 seats are RHD.

I thought I could swap the seats with the bases, so airbags point in the right direction towards the doors. I would even get two seats with elevation. Only the driver side has height regulation.

My mechanic is now telling me the SP2 seats cannot be fitted in the SP1 places (holes) and there is some "cutting" to do and the seats will have to be "fixed" (in the way that they will move front or aft.).

Is this true? I'm convinced the seats are basically the same and the bae sure looks the same. And also the chassis is the same. It's the same car, for Christ sake!

any help or thoughts or experience in this same issue?

Tks mates

Miguel - Portugal

See less See more
#2 ·
Measure the hole spaces on the car and the seats to check the fittings.
The only problem other than that is that the levers that raise the seats will be on the inside and you won't be able to use them. The lever will be stuck against the center console if it doesn't stop you fitting them due to the space .
You can probably change the mechanism over but yet another job .
If you think you still want to go ahead then try but beear this in mind before you decide. :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.