Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

I have four Tarquinis plus the spare on my 155. Black 5 spoke and with the Alfa logo in the middle but I'd prefer 155 Honey Pots. If anybody is willing to do a straight swap your more than welcome to come and have a look. Condition is good. Few scrapes

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Post a picture of wot youve got and an example of wot u want.
Most would be keen on 16's but I don't know what styles you mean.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Which wheels? What sizes?

Come to think of it - does anyone have a breakdown of the nicknames of all the wheels - it can be very confusing.. I thought the ones linked by mo4 are pepperpots, so what are honey pots? And targuinis?

I've these lying around
Picasa Web Albums - RikD - 146 Wheels
Their for a 146, but i believe the 146 and 155 wheel specs are identical. One has a flat spot, and one has a few scrapes.

Was looking to sell sometime back - but just looking to be rid now.. Are these the teardrop "The EA" mentions?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lads,

Sorry my fault, i meant to say teardrops not Honey pots and definately not pepperpots. Dont like pepperpots. Speedlines are Tarquinis. The speedlines were brought in to commemorate Gabriele Tarquini's wiping the floor in his 155 in the British TCC in 1994. They were the wheels used in his car. Speedlines is the official name but I know some people call them Tarquini's.
Rikd your wheels are for post 1997 Alfa, I would be looking for the earlier version, see url below

These are what I'm looking for
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/03/29/13/59/pic-48643.jpeg

But this picture is the exact car I have with the speedlines only its in Alfa red
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/12/26/05/52/pic-56524.jpeg

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
speedline is the manufacturer i think you will find, most of alfa's alloys if not all are made by speedline:thumbs:

as for tear drop and honey pot??? i only know pepper and tele:D

i thought the ones you are showing were called pepper pots?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah the earlier one I linked to are called pepperpots and the later ones are teledials like on the later 146s.

The in between ones that Alfa155TS linked to and is looking for.... well I guess teardrop is a good name for them. I dont know what they're called otherwise.

PM sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts