Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

i have a 145 cloverleaf up for grabs, it is posted up in the 145 section as up for £500, but i'd only use the money to spend on other alfa's, or bits anyway,

so does anyone fancy swapping anything?

please enquire, or let me know by mailing me at

[email protected]

cheers

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and then sell it you Kev?

nice SW the V6, and manual, not Sillyspeed or Que for a Gear,

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive text him just in case mate,

i wouldn't mind another SW myself either, so long as it JTD or V6

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, he's not in need of a hatchback i'm afraid kev,

sounds like he'd do a cash deal though?

shrew

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, he's not in need of a hatchback i'm afraid kev,

sounds like he'd do a cash deal though?

shrew
never mind, it's at a fiver now so could be a bargain :lol:

sorry missed your call earlier, stupid new phone :rant: should have stuck to my £6-93 old basic one :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If someone would make a reasonable offer on the 145 i'd have a stab at this SW,

quite fancy more V6 stuff!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the story goes like this....

i bought it a few weeks before christmas with the potential of a track day car/modified road car, seeing as the Cloverleaf's are already pretty sporty spec, and this one already has some big driled/grooved discs up front already, and a 2.0 TS CF1 motor, i knew it could be a very quick little tool.

all the important bits are great, engine, clutch, gearbox, suspension, steering, etc etc are all perfect.

the interior is straight, just grubby drivers seat, the bodywork is completely rust free, but is 19 shades of red/pink/purple, as all rosso red's end up sadly. it may polish/improve, i don't know, but there is also some laquer lift on a patch of the bonnet.

its had been stood for over 3 years, outside, so the paint fade etc are of little surprise, but didn't bother me as i thought about a leary race car look, or maybe a satin black euro look, diy style but tidy, so neither did the fact that it has a small bump/bruise in the very rear corner, and a crease mark in the front wing, i just thought i'd address these as i go, and no urgency because they are galv panels, no rust whatsoever, in fact not totally broke the paint either.

i did a deal over the phone for it, went to fetch it with cash, stuck a jerry can of fresh fuel in it and took a battery, a wing and a prayer, no need, she sprang into life, sounded sweet, rattle and smoke free, and once warmed up, she had all the promise of a good'un.

i went round the block first just to check it was safe and free rolling, and then drove her back 55 miles, all the time congratulating myself, she is quick, very responsive, everything drove back superbly, i was chuffed to bits, and still am really.

trouble is, i sold my perfectly good 155 V6, and bought another project, a 75 V6, to add to my other project list of 33's, mini, etc etc, so this has sat doing nothing again since i got it back, and it doesn't look very likely that i'll get round to doing it this year now, considering what else i've got going on, so i decided i'd see if any here could make use of it too.

i decided i'd put it through an mot, because in all honesty, it is far too good to just end up a track car, like i said, its very solid, the interior is straight, no seat wear at all, everything works (i have an airbag connection issue to find) it just needs a valet, which i can do, and the windows and sunroof need using to free off a bit more, they are getting better all the time with operation.

the mot, whilst not a complete success was pretty good too i think, having failed on 3 short bits of brake pipe corroded, rear brakes/handbrake inefficient, and leaking exhaust, that was it, not bad for a car stood so long i reckon.

I have already sorted the rear brakes/handbrake, by freeing off, stripping, cleaning, regreasing, and all works well again, the coroded lines will be done as soon as i get my flaring kit and some time.

the exhaust leak is just the back box, and i have a brand new twin exit stainless steel box ready to graft on to replace it, and so that will be done also.

then i'll get it restested, and 12mth ticket should have been achieved pretty easily.

what will remain to be done, depending on what someone wants to do with it, is tidy the paint up if it bothers you, and source some tyres if you wish to keep the original cloverleaf alloys, which are mint by the way.

thats because having been stood, i did'nt even try to MOT it with the standard wheels fitted, because the tyres have some cracking/perishing, aso i temporarily borrowed my TSW's from my 33, which are all new, just for the purpose of the mot, not to sell with the car unless someone wants to give ma a handsome amount extra for them.

(although i do have a few sets of 17" alloys that would look good on it too, with part worn but legal tyres as an incentive maybe!)

and then if it were me i'd do a full service on it too, naturally, possibly including an air flow meter, as the tick over is a tad high once she's warm, but it might be the exhaust leak that is responsible too actually, as the lambda can pick up on a false reading and attempt to correct.

and thats it in a large nutshell Mack.

i'm open to sensible offers, either as she is, supplied with the new back box, or mot'd, but i won't have time to much more than that i fear.

here is a link to get an idea of what she's like

145 Cloverleaf pictures by shrewiside - Photobucket

i have to say, it looks pretty mean with my Black TSW's on!

it wouldn't take much for this to be a great car again, and i am hopeful that another member can see that rather than the ebay nit's!

let me know your thoughts mate

cheers

shrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts