Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wanted to say hi ,im thinking of buying a mito I live in swansea so just wanted to know how do owners in swansea and surrounding areas manage for servicing and warranty work .hi again lol regards baz

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
hiya elofan and welcome to AO.....i bought my lovely mito QV from budgens in shrewsbury, well worth the journey as i had an excellent deal, ali.c bought his mito QV there too....

we had already owned a 95bhp mito bought form Lookers in Cardiff.....sales dept is ok tho no deals available and very rigid on finance, in fact two guys on here have lost their mitos due to the finance not being sorted adequately, both finding out on the day they were gonna pick the cars up....one of them also went to Budgens and got an excellent deal.

as for servicing...DO NOT go anywhere near Lookers, they are legendary in their ineptness, absolutely useless.....my first mito was in and out of there for months with various problems, they dont ring you, theres no courtesy cars available which is a bind if you are stuck in Cardiff for the day, thye take ages to do the work etc etc

i use LC Motors in newport and so do a few others in the welsh lounge, they are highly professional, are a fiat dealership, love alfas, most of the staff own one, very knowledgeable and wont rip you off.....excellent.

hope this helps and sorry for being a bit biased but some of us have had neagtive dealings with Lookers and have no confidence in them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fanx tess I love the look and drive of the car its just I have never owned an alfa and heard a lot of negative comments reliability paint work etc etc and dont really wanna be going back and forth Newport or Cardiff ,I know moan moan moan lol fanx again for the advice .baz

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
Baz...i havnt had any major probs with anything on babe2, shes been awesum, had a recall on headlights and a few niggly things that were not major, my first one was horrendous, but dont listen to all the negatives, my fab QV makes me smile, is a pleasure to drive and gets loads of attention....go for it hun....newport isnt that far away...i would travel to get the best care for my babe2 no probs....:)

oh and we have monthly meets in swansea, either verdis or langland brasserie so if you wanna come along even tho you havnt got an alfa yet you will be very welcome, the next one is 18th sept at 10.30am at verdis.....come and have a goss and a look at mine and alis mitos..you will change your mind about having one then..you'll want one even more:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold tess u aint working for alfa UK by chance lol only joking im looking at a 60 plate 1.4 16 v lusso in giulietta red

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
LC's dont actually sell alfas but they can get one for you if you know what you want and it seems you do, give them a ring and speak to Craig 01633 259892 and he can put you in touch with the sales guy, i wll prob get my next alfa from them....

lc motors - Google Search

link to budgens too.....its a lovely drive there if you go thru ross and leominster etc....worth the drive:)

Used Peugeot, Used Citroen, Used Alfa Romeo, Used Cars Shrewsbury, Used Cars Telford | Budgen Motors, Peugeot Shrewsbury, Used Peugeot, Used Alfa Romeo

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
oh yea and hopefully see you on the 18th hun.....:)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Hello Elofan.......:thumbs:

I also live in Swansea, so if you see me driving around, give us a wave.........:)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Glad youre a fan son lives in London and is a jack army away club member and is going to the Arsenal game next Sat. All the reserve games are played at Parc y Scarlets i watched em beat the scousers last Tuesday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Managed to see first two home games im enjoying every minute of it never thought I would see the swans back in the top flight again not in my life time anyway lol and the ospreys winning as well indeed times are good in jack land .

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Managed to see first two home games im enjoying every minute of it never thought I would see the swans back in the top flight again not in my life time anyway lol and the ospreys winning as well indeed times are good in Black'n'Jack land .
edited for accuracy!! heehee! I'd rather be a Neath Black than a Swansea Jack!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

onlykidding Elo, well done to Swans hope they can stay up! also well done to Ospreys shame they couldn't snatch a fourth try tho! :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts