Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Nivomats been checked and all fine, my question is , I feel the front is sitting a little high, can front be lowered to suit the rear ?

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
It may be that your fronts haven't been replaced with the Veloce (saloon) front shocks then, if it is sitting high. Can you post a profile picture of the car so we can gauge relative height from front to rear?

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
Yeah I see what you mean, it doesn't have the correct Alfa stance, if anything it should be lower at the front than the rear not vice versa. Its possible you have the wrong front springs. However if you are going to change anything I'd change the Nivomats, saloon Veloce springs all round, new saloon top mounts for the rear and then some upgraded shocks, FSD, Bilstein B4, something like that. :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wont be changing nivomats, did them this year, so any thoughts as to what to do with front, could I just change the springs and with which ones ?, sorry I know nothing about suspension. Cheers

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
Do you think the front springs have been changed in the past?

I would suggest fitting new Veloce front springs to match your Nivomat rears then in that case, but it'd be gutting if you did all that work and it just ended up being exactly the same as it is now.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
Have a search on here for 'Gazzella' before ordering ;)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its OK Pud, wasn't going to buy from them, just posted to see if those will do the job, I can get them for £99 from a friend.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
They will do the job, no doubt about that. Eibach make very good springs, I had those exact same front springs on my 3.0 156 a few years ago, a good balance of handling & comfort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts