Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spotted a nice 147 on the tree that has gums. Its had a lot of money spent. No number in the ad so I emailed the seller and he contacted me by text later in the evening promising to call me the next day which he didnt. I called him and he told me he had only had it a month and was selling it as he occasionally buys a car he can make some money on. He tells me the V5 is in his name and he has the service book. I ventured a price around about £350 under his asking price once he told me there was no evidence that the timing belt had been done and he readily accepted. Sort of ok so far but I did some more digging and found the exact car he was selling on the same site but the ad was posted 54 days ago with a different location but still in the Lancs area. Get this though its advertised for £800 more than he was asking now but with what I had chipped away the difference increased to nearly £1200. That is quite a loss considering he buys cars to make some money. The strange thing is he seems to have spent a small fortune on a new clutch & flywheel so even more of a loss. The MOT history seems quite clean and the mileage stacks up and the HPi check comes back clean too. Except he told me it had 2 prev owners but my check says 4. Its really starting to smell but I think I am going to challenge him with what I know.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Give us the reg number then we can have a hunt! Oh and if you start on the presumption that Gumtree=stolen then you won't go far wrong!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts