Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am thinking of doing suspensions for my lovely Alfa.
But the problem is that my car has still pretty good original suspension which makes me smiley each time driving on the road.
Will the upgrading suspension (spring/shock) give me more smile? or can it ruin Alfa feeling somehow?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
i know that smiley feelingyouget and it sure is good.......as for the question ive never upgraded alfa suspension however ive dont it on other cars and got a warm fuzzy feeling from that

but does that just mean that the other cars ive done it on were lacking what the alfa's come with as standard???

in short, i dont knw but ive been wanting to do the same thing so will be watching this thread closely

S

·
0 Posts
Its one of those things where your not sure if its worth it BUT once you do you think why the **** did I not do it sooner :)

S

·
0 Posts
Well I fitted Bilstein B8 Sprint shocks and Eibach Springs and its much much more sporty, iits a little firm over really bad roads at time but I think its perfect for what I need :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,312 Posts
Yes, well worth it. For me:

Springs: Eibach Pro Kit
Shocks: Koni FSD

:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
If you just uprate the dampers you will feel a huge difference, much better control, reduced roll in the corners and reduced lift and dive.

If you want to go a bit harder and lower then Eibach springs seems like a very good compromise.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Just fitted Koni FSD to my 147:cool: ,( stock springs). Well worth doing, rides great over speed humps, dives much less, and feels far more planted on fast sweepers.:thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I fitted Koni FSD's & Eibach Pro-Kit springs to my 156 and have been really impressed:thumbs:
Even though it's a V6 and consequently has a heavier front end, it's a lot quieter, more comfortable and definitely more sure footed than the standard set-up. The car had already covered 78000 miles and the upper and lower wishbones were a tad worn:lol: so I replaced them as well..............no more clunks and bangs.......apart from the front ARB rattles because the bushes are worn:rolleyes: so need to replace them next.
The car has been completely transformed and I can highly recommend the upgrade:thumbs: Just need to be careful over speed bumps:lol:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
It does all depend on the kit you fit, recently I've fitted a couple of cheaper kits to cars and they are realy crashy, that's Supersort and Koni STR kits, badly matced kits IMO and the Supersports have a wierd wind on the springs. IMO the only real upgrade option for the perfect ride for whichevermood your in is the Koni FSD shocks and Eibach pro springs.

·
0 Posts
I have a Streetline kit fitted to mine (lowered / stiffened) & have lost some 'comfort' on the crappy roads round here, but have gained when it comes to cornering @ speed

IMHO buy the best you can afford :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks very much for your replies!

It doesn't seem to be easiest to find out Koni FSD and Eibach for my Alfa here in Finland.

So could you guys give me some advices on alternatives?
1. GTS Performance Kit
2. Janspeed Suspension lowering Kit
3. PI Suspension Kit
4.KONI SUSPENSION KIT

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
It does all depend on the kit you fit, recently I've fitted a couple of cheaper kits to cars and they are realy crashy, that's Supersort and Koni STR kits, badly matced kits IMO and the Supersports have a wierd wind on the springs.
oh man, i just ordered the supersport kit! Just can't afford anythnig better at the mo

is it still worth doing (i.e. will it be better than stocks) or should I just get a refund? :(

S

·
0 Posts
If anyone is interested but someone is selling FK Coilovers on here somewhere :)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
oh man, i just ordered the supersport kit! Just can't afford anythnig better at the mo

is it still worth doing (i.e. will it be better than stocks) or should I just get a refund? :(
I have seen a set of springs which I believe is from the same Supersport kit fitted to someones car and he is not happy with them at all. If they are the same then I would try to get a refund asap :(

Ask rob3rto what he thinks of them

1 - 20 of 52 Posts