Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone;

After 4 years with my Phase 2 , 2.0 Twin Spark GTV , i am seeking a more comfortable ride especially in bump roads!

Over the last 4 years i did the below changes to the suspension:

1) Monroe Shock Absorbers
2) Eibach 2.5cm Sport Springs
3) Front Strut Bar
4) Front Wishbones
5) Front & Rear Drop Links

I am running on 17' GTA rims with 225/45/17 Michelin Primacy tires and attached is a video on how the car behaves in bad road conditions.

What would you suggest to improve my overall experience with comfort?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Standard springs and 16" wheels.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yup!

you can't have that sporty look without compromise in the comfort, thing is Alfa's and ferrari's are designed to be driven on sheet glass!

they don't lie UK roads and i guess the roads in istanbul are not much better...

for what its worth I am fitting eibachs to mine and know what i am letting myself in for!

·
Registered
185 Posts
standard 16in 55 profile

you could also try standard 16in with 55 profile tyres, as the higher profile give a better ride.

I know someone who has done this and said it has improved the ride significantly.

·
Registered
772 Posts
you could also try standard 16in with 55 profile tyres, as the higher profile give a better ride.

I know someone who has done this and said it has improved the ride significantly.
I did this a few years back and it has certainly improved the comfort. Plus, the wheels fill the wheel arches better which I consider improves the looks quite a bit. Plus, 55 profile tyres are cheaper. Plus, 55 profile tyres are far easier to source should you have catastrophic tyre damage especially if you are doing a continental tour, as I often do.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Reduce unsprung mass with smaller lighter wheels,

Use high quality dampers (Bilstein B6)

Use high quality standard springs (Spidan)

Drive slower

·
Registered
265 Posts
I recently had my rear end of my Spider fitted with Powerflex bushes & this improved the ride & reduced scuttle shake.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Power flex makes the ride firmer as opposed to the original rubber rose joints, but they wear out and power flex don't. Eibachs also make the ride firmer. Original set up on 16 inch wheels is what the car was designed to have. I have 18's, eibachs springs and Kyb's, that is a firm ride, fabulous on good roads and driving in France, bliss, but on our local roads absolutely awful.
The general thought is don't power flex the front, only the rear.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Actually the front can be polybushed without any problems of the bushes popping out....that was a bit of misinformation....I think it's the 156 that has that problem?

Clive

1 - 14 of 14 Posts