Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, more on this subject........

I'm thinking of getting another set of even lower springs for my Silverstone.
I checked the parts CD to see which cars use the same springs, now I'm confused.

Apparently the 16v sits lower (I don't think so), but according to the parts CD, my car, the Q4, the T3 Gamma and T4 Gamma all use the same springs. I know the V6 will have different, stronger front springs, so do all the 4 pots (except the Super and 2.0 litre 8v) use the same springs ????

I ask because some places list different part numbers for the 8v, 16v and Q4, and they all have different lowering heights.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to be honest you could easily tie yourself in knots if you try to hard with the parts cd its never as straight forward as it looks especialy with springs as in addition to part numbers there also colour coded.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great :(
The springs for the 16v cars lower by 40mm, the Q4 by 50mm and for my car 35mm. Seems strange............

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Just to confuse matters Marlon :rolleyes: i also have a set of 16valve springs kicking around was gonna stick em on her Silverstone but she doesnt want em putting on :confused: reckons it`ll be too bumpy and jerky for her :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So yer can have them or the Apex jobbies ........................

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definately confused now :confused:
Like I say, the parts CD says the 16v springs are the same as my standard Silverstone springs.
Aaaaw man, I'll have to think about this.

Cheers Speedy :)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Well the Silverstone looks like its on stilts sat next to mine :p :p

Even before i took the Apex springs off and more so now with the Zender`s on :D :D

Btw i got the 16V springs off Colingtv6 and i`m sure it sat lower than the Silverstone does :confused: :confused:

Awwwww now i`m getting confused ...................

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marlon said:
OK, more on this subject........

I'm thinking of getting another set of even lower springs for my Silverstone.
I checked the parts CD to see which cars use the same springs, now I'm confused.

Apparently the 16v sits lower (I don't think so), but according to the parts CD, my car, the Q4, the T3 Gamma and T4 Gamma all use the same springs. I know the V6 will have different, stronger front springs, so do all the 4 pots (except the Super and 2.0 litre 8v) use the same springs ????

I ask because some places list different part numbers for the 8v, 16v and Q4, and they all have different lowering heights.
Marlon, might have answer 2 your/our problem (see my post in 'low springs' parts section) let Uknow how Iget on need 2 know spring rates heights ;)
..........Narlo..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts