Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my shocks are shot so I'm going to replace them soon as I can. I'm a bit bewildered by the choice of replacements. I know the rhoddy harvey kit from ebspares is meant to be good and I can retain my original sport pack springs but is it worth £500? Anybody put them on a 156 on here?

I can get a set of Magneti Marelli shocks for half that. Are there any other replacements anyone can recommend? I don't fancy buying anything non-branded or off ebay.

Thanks

Andy

V

·
0 Posts
The RHB dampers with your original springs are a good bet and will work well.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have the RH-B Bilsteins wuth the standard Veloce springs (which are supposed to be the same as SP2/3), the difference from the standard dampers is amazing. The suspension is far more comfortable than before, plus a very rough road that I regularly use on which it was difficult to keep the car out of the hedges at 60mph can now be taken at 75+ without problem. Thoroghly recommended, if I was to buy another 156 I would fit the same dampers again, I consider them well worth the cost.
The RH-B Bilsteins, my Angel Tuning remap and DS2500s completely transformed my car.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, so looks like I need to do a bit of overtime to go for the RH-B bilsteins. Are they really that much better? Enough to justify twice the cost? From your comments it sounds like it but I'm a bit of a sceptic!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the expected life span for springs? I know my shocks need replacing but what about the springs, how long are they likely to last?

cheers

Andy

V

·
0 Posts
Indefinitely, I think, unless they have been repeatedly overloaded. I think if they are the original height, they are OK?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best bet would be to check with EBSpares http://www.ebspares.co.uk

Give them a call or mail them, Kevin was very helpful when I was thinking about getting them for my 156. If they aren't suitable I am sure they will have an alternative.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts