Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 156 Sportwagon

We all know, to our wallets cost, the the suspension on the 156s are...shall we say....delicate.
Aww...bless:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I'd like to know....is there a few simple things you can do as maintenance to prolong the life. I'm more thinking about the front really.

" Don't drive it " is not a valid answer!!:D:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
everytime i get under a car. i spray the rubbers mounts with something like holts rubber and nylon lubricant.

i generally do every bit of rubber i find. and ive only ever replaced drop links,on any car ive ever owned

·
Registered
18 Posts
everytime i get under a car. i spray the rubbers mounts with something like holts rubber and nylon lubricant.

i generally do every bit of rubber i find. and ive only ever replaced drop links,on any car ive ever owned
Guys

My 2nd ever Alfa (in 52 cars) and it's right what they say... As soon as I got it a year ago, I put new front springs, upper / lower suspension mounts, cambelt tensioners etc.

The suspension was a right pig to put back together and the top spring mounts / rubbers didn't seem great. Anyway I've since then the suspension has made horrible crashing noises, which I'm guessing are the rubber mounts on the top of the springs.

Any ideas, where to get these from, part nos and the proper name for the part?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts