Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to uprate the suspension on my sportwagon to give a sportier ride as I find its ab it soft for my driving style in standard form.
Can anyone reccomend a good kit or maybe just uprated springs.
I don't to lower it much though maybe 1" would be allright.
Can anyone help with this and give me any idea of costs involved.

Cheers
Norm

P

·
0 Posts
Hi

i had a 156 2.0 ts and lowered it a tad using a Spax set of sports springs.

they did the job very well, not too low, and firmed the ride just enough to make handling improvements whilst not losing your fillings!

i used to find it drifted wide on fast sweepers under power, but these tightened everything up, and looked much better too, mind you i had 19" alloys and low profiles too, but the springs alone certainly made a good difference.

whilst i hate to admit it, i bought them from halfrauds, but they were just about £90 i think, and my local tyre and exhaust guys gave me a hand fitting them, but it was relatively straight forward.

I would recommend the spax stuff, it was well made and nicely finished, and did exactly what it said on the tin, so at the price for a well known name, i thought it was a decent buy compared to much of the crud that is out there and only a tad cheaper.

thats my experience anyway, good luck, and happy shopping...

cheers

shrew

·
Registered
651 Posts
ive got the koni sport kit
not low enough for me,got it set to full hard 720, still not quite how i hoped. the v6 is a heavy beast though, prob be good for a t. spark
if i was to choose again i would go for coilovers, theres a jamex kit on the bay for £300 i think

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
If you can stretch to it the Eibach / Koni FSD combo to the way to go. Gives a comfortable ride and stiffens up when needed, I'm still astounded at the difference it makes, in particular the car is no longer put off line by mid-corner bumps or undulations.

The down side is the cost (£600 + fitting). Should have done it years ago, you will find the brakes & tyres need to be spot on to get the maximum benefit.:) :)

Rob

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a fan of koni adjustables as I have them on my cossie and think they work great but don't really want to spend that much, what are the kw kits mentioned.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I also like the adjustable dampers, but for the 156 I would personally lean towards the Eibach + FSD combo. Unfortunately, I'll not spend that much so more likely to try the Eibach springs and dampers, or even just to for the Sportline kit Rab has on his car.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
:cool: Sweet.

D

·
0 Posts
im fitting the kw to my car as we speak.

with regards to quality of metals/ welds and such lke, there not too bad at all.
They do seem good all right:D Mine are the KW Variant 2 coilovers. Damper bound and rebound adjustable was one of the main reasons I bought them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
you not got the v3's? mine are v2's and only rebound adjustable..

but thats plenty enuff for a fast road light track user. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Whoops must have read them wrong, nah I only got the 2's as that's all is avilable for my car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts