Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Suspension Bushings

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TonyGr 
#1 ·
I've just checked my rear left tyre to find that the inside is heavily worn in comparison to the rear right tyre.

This was an advisory on the MOT a year ago, but 'magically' disappeared on the MOT done just before I purchased it.

Has anyone had any experience replacing rear control arms? Should I replace the whole control arm(s?) or just the bushes.

Besides the wear, the ride is fairly comfortable with no loud knocking etc. although there are some slight vibrations in the wheel.

Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
I was having this very same conversation this evening with my mechanic when I picked my G up, so many cars seem to have a clean bill of health when they’ve previously had faults when sold by a trader.
Personally I’d call the garage and say you are getting it looked at; if it is clearly old I’d give them a chance to make good or report the MOT station, it’s the only way it will stop - you may have guessed that this really gets me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.