Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a Q2 yet?...

A new upgraded Diff should be first on the list, don't wait for it to go bang.
Actually no. An ex alfa mechanic (20 odd years) told me waste of money but clearly that's not the case!! Haven't been back to him because when he put my clutch in it came back with a scobed bumper, a screw hanging out and a rattling from underneath. Basically I have to do diff,paint,suspension and exhaust. But what order? Suppose I'm thinking suspension because I got the BBS on and want it lowered

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, I would say diff. Your ex-Alfa mechanic is talking ****e.
A Q2 LSD (or Quaife ATB :) ) Is very important. The original diffs were too weak to handle the stress of the engine, and the locking differential really helps in getting traction on bends and curves.

Then paint, then suspension, then exhaust, IMHO.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Diff should be top of your list :thumbs: the diff went on my GTA at 28k miles & all i was doing was pulling out of a car park space at about 5 mph :(. Its not a nice noise when it goes & if you are lucky (i was) it will only crack the gearbox. Other people have had to have new gearboxes, holes welded and i think some have gone so badly it took out other stuff like the starter motor. Save yourself some money & do it before it goes pop :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
Diff first without a doubt, after that it doesn't matter the order.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Diff first, in your wheel post I said you prob have a q2 so suspension is next in order. Itsnotskywalker order is what I would do too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just ordered a Q2 for my GT. (Thanks Dan)

It's done 93K on the original diff and I worry everytime I pull out of a turning! :(

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I didn't mean assume it had a q2 but thought it would have had one from paperwork, everyone is ordering q2s now is this out if preference as I thought the quaiffe is alot cheaper now.

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
I didn't mean assume it had a q2 but thought it would have had one from paperwork, everyone is ordering q2s now is this out if preference as I thought the quaiffe is alot cheaper now.
I had a couple of used ones come in..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Cool makes sense as it makes no difference if new or second hand, and I think some have described the quaiffe as a little more aggressive in comparison but have never driven one with a quaiffe so can't comment.

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts