Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a spare 164 (Super 24v) for spares to help get my 164Q (24v) back up to scratch.
The quad has the adjustable suspension, so which suspension components are different to the super?
Shocks?
Springs?
I assume things like controls arms etc. should be the same.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..could be pricey alright;

Suspension

but you could always try a set of konis..?

I can imagine those shocks being quite expensive.
I would really like for the adjustable suspension to still work which I guess won't be the case with Konis.
On the other hand I don't mind the car having a stiff ride all the time as I'm not that old yet and this car is only a weekend toy.

I guess things like anti-roll bars should be a little thicker on the Quad compared to the Super.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
..i'm a bit out of touch with 164 stuff, but i think the konis with the B+G springs is all you need to do, provided all your bushings etc are fresh. Jason at alfissimo sells this as a kit (above).. he's a 164 man at heart so it might be worth talking to him if you need some advice. Setting the konis too stiff sort of ruins the car, but you'll figure all that out for yourself i'm sure :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the advice.

I'm taking the car to Dawie De Villiers from Glenwood Motors to go through the whole car.
I'll let him give me his input aswell.

And I recently got the sneaking suspicion that the car's head gasket is on its way out :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts