Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Reading this thread , i just want to ask , how low would the air intake be on a GT ?

There is a wonderful old country pub a few miles from me, but to reach it you have to go through a ford possibly up to about a foot deep. I suspect it would be wiser to take the slightly longer way to reach the pub which is only an extra mile.

Been through this ford many times in different cars with no problems but unwilling to in the GT for fear of the expensive consequences

the intake trumptet on the GT is bolted to the front slam panel just to the right of centre....pretty high up really...should be fine..!

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
the intake trumptet on the GT is bolted to the front slam panel just to the right of centre....pretty high up really...should be fine..!
Its different on the 2.0 JTS, it draws air in from quite high up in the N/S wing (where your top intercooler hose is) but the airboxes themselves are all low down and I wouldn't trust them not to draw in through the two halves of the casing if submerged. Even on the JTD I wouldn't risk it, doesn't take much water ingress to kill one of these engines

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I suspect it would be wiser to take the slightly longer way to reach the pub which is only an extra mile.
For the sake of a solitary mile, take the safe route! You both guarantee not breaking your engine, and get to spend a little more time driving the car. Win win!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Afternoon folks, don't suppose anybody near Durham could read fault codes for me in exchange for beer/beverage of choice? As per thread on the 156 page there is something very odd going on with my engine and I suspect the fault codes may point me in the right direction! Problem is I can't currently drive the thing to a garage to get them read...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts