Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a drive in the new Kia Cee'd and I have to say I was impressed. It was the 113 bhp diesel LS model and had the usual toys but I was impressed with the pick-up of the diesel engine and how smooth and refined it was. Ok it isn't a performance car by any stretch of the imagination but went well enough. Some of the interior plastics were cheap looking but the whole lot was very well screwed together with no squeaks or rattles. The ride was very comfortable with only a bit of tyre noise and I was able to find a better driving position than I've ever been able to in any Alfa or Fiat I've ever driven.

A couple of minor gripes were the gear lever was a bit further forward than I would have liked and the steering felt very artificial and vague but apart from that and the £15k price tag it's a surprisingly good package from Kia.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15k price range jon, quite a number there to choose from ?
Yeah, I think that's going to be Kias problem. It's going to be difficult to tempt people out of their Fords and Vauxhalls. The big selling point is the amazing warranty which may help future residuals but Kia is never going to be able to offer the discounts the volme sellers can. It'll be interesting to see how it succeeds (no pun intended).

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Think my brother and I tried a few Kia's while ago now, at was it the Millbrook Testing Ground, quite impressed we were, price is such a main factor though, but as you say, the warranty has got to be enticing I suppose.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ok, confession - my better half has a Kia Sedona (3 kids / dog & sometimes me) - and its very good, Bit noisy at tickover & when accelerating hard(2.9 Tdi) but its quick for a people carrier and sits happily (where permitted!) at 90mph giving ~35mpg. Servicing costs are low and when we bought it (last year) we tried : Renault Espace (what a silly handbrake!), Peugeot 807, Ford Galaxy and its wicked twin the Seat Alhambra. All in all it came down to the Alhambra (6speed & Faster)or the Kia. Ford - didn't like, seemed not nearly as good as the Seat (I know they're the came car!) Peug - too many toys / too much to break / not nice to drive. So the Kia it was (with free DVD and wireless headphones for the kids!!)
It's been great.

Neil

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Believe that Neil, brother and I tried their 4x4, both thought this a capable machine, not that we have much use for one,but it left quite an impression all the same. Keeping the others on their toes, no bad thing to knock complacency, the world over.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
A lot of people are being surprised by the new Cee'd. The 7 year warranty and cheap servicing package make it perfect for someone with no passion whatsoever for cars ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I tried a diesel Carens a couple of weeks ago, and found it better than expected. (I had a Multipla JTD for 6 Years) The £20 M&S vouchers have not yet arrived.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A lot of people are being surprised by the new Cee'd. The 7 year warranty and cheap servicing package make it perfect for someone with no passion whatsoever for cars ;)
Yes, it wouldn't be my choice of transport but I was expecting it to be a real dog when in fact it turned out to be a perfectly respectible method of getting from A to B.

·
Registered
662 Posts
tbh that kia pro c'eed looks great, just need to get the heat lamp out to the kia badges and it would be perfectly respectable ;D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
This was tested in last weeks Auto Express, against a Mazda and a Citroen, and the Kia won.

What did surprise me was the fuel consumption of all three, they all turned in less than 45mpg. Am I alone in thinking that's pretty crap?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts