Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've posted here as it may come to the attention of somebody that requires the part. Hence why I didn't post in the for sale section, fingers crossed that logic makes sense.

Anyway, I ordered a clutch assembly but the thrust bearing was faulty so I had to buy one urgently (same day) whilst my car was up on the ramp with its guts hanging out.

There are marks but other than that it's fine, unused just fitted for about 30 minutes until the mechanic realised the fault with the thrust bearing (had to release it from pressure plate.

Fingers crossed it will be of use to somebody that requires the assembly at a much cheaper rate.

Genuine Valeo clutch to suit the 147/156/GT JTDM 1.9 16v, part numbers in the image.

I ordered a replacement thrust bearing just so I could get it back to kit form, as you can see the original bearing has missing lugs for the clutch forks to engage.

Any questions then please do ask away. Been a member here for a long time under prop warp, bent propeller so I have better things to do than waste time. Looking for £70 + £10 carriage

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
clutch

Hi mate i'm in the market for a new clutch for my 147 16v jtd as its slipping how much are you looking for for this presuming it fits mine i havent checked the part numbers or anything yet?

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
You'll need to transfer the release bearing circlip cover from the faulty one pictured to the new one, as the new release bearing doesn't look to have one on it for some reason. You need to push the circlip in and then slide the plastic circlip cover over it so that the circlip is held into the bearing until it is engaged with the pressure plate.

Good luck with the sale, thats a cheap price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll need to transfer the release bearing circlip cover from the faulty one pictured to the new one, as the new release bearing doesn't look to have one on it for some reason. You need to push the circlip in and then slide the plastic circlip cover over it so that the circlip is held into the bearing until it is engaged with the pressure plate.

Good luck with the sale, thats a cheap price.
That is why what you see will be supplied, when the mechanic comes to fit he will have to do just that. I have already placed a note in the box for when this gets taken off my hands.

Glad you posted that info for me :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
So everything is there and ready to be fitted w/o anything needed?
If so, I'll take it off your hands for £80 all in, yeah :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts